Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Elite Hunter is ready to go

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
As most of you may remember my Elite Hunter issue and thread following the process of being fixed.

I am happy to tell you all that the bow is now ready to go. I had shot the bow a few times since getting it back from Elite and felt really good but then Milo said I needed a Peep sight lol. Reluctantly at first I agreed to have him add one to the bow. ( I really do see the advantages of having one installed and how it does help your accuracy )

This past Sunday Milo, Beentown, Curran, Dante, and myself all meet at Cardinal to do a little shooting, tuning, and of course BS'ing lol.

Milo installed the peep sight and after a trial run and one little adjustment it was game on lol. We shot at the practice range for a little while since by this time it was getting late and a few of the guys had to leave and get a few things done around home. Had a great time with the small TOO gathering.
Dante and myself decided to hit the course and see what we could do. We only skipped 3-4 targets due to a large group shooting ahead of us so we decided to go around them. I am happy to say that all the trees are unscathed and we left with all of our arrows intact lol.

Here is one of the unlucky victims of the day. (Maybe Dante can post a better pic. Dang cell pics suck lol)

I decided this morning to hit the local range and have another go at it and make sure I was getting use to all the new gear. I think I can improve my shooting by just getting out there and doing it but I thought this was a pretty good morning session lol.

I had to mark off 20 yards on the 45 yard bag since the 20 was tore to shreds but here is the first set of shots. Anybody want to fletch my arrow for me lol.

I decided that was enough of tearing my gear up so I went back to 30 yards. First round of shots.

That was good for me lol so I moved back to get my 40 yard pin set. The low right was first shot. off to the low left was my second shot. Made one final adjustment and placed the final 3 in a nice little group.

A HUGE Thank You to Milo for getting me ready for the season. :smiley_clap:

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
we can do some more focus work and get you even better man. gonna do that with huck soon and i will show ya a couple more things that help me out a ton. i guess i am gonna have to teach you to fletch also..

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
we can do some more focus work and get you even better man. gonna do that with huck soon and i will show ya a couple more things that help me out a ton. i guess i am gonna have to teach you to fletch also..

Sounds like a plan.

I could probably use some fletching jigs now lol. Need to sell off a couple rifles or get this job nailed down so I can have money again. Daughter going to Wright State killed my cash.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Nice job Adam! Good work Milo. Milo I am going to hit you up on the yoke tuning soon. I started playing around again and went TOO far I believe :smiley_blackeye: The bow just doesn't feel the same as it did previously (last year and before).

Thinking about hitting Cardinal on Friday afternoon if anyone is interested.

Beentown

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

IDEA....

TOO group archery instruction day, featuring guest speaker and instructor Milo!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

I was aiming for his arrow.:smiley_crocodile:

I have a fletching jig. I can do it for you if you want, I dont have blazers though. Or you can borrow it and do it yourself, it isnt hard to do.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
beentown, friday is out for me but we can maybe hook up this weekend if needed. saturday sucks except for the buckeyes game and it may be raining. we will get it done bud. dante have you shot that broadhead yet?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
IDEA....

TOO group archery instruction day, featuring guest speaker and instructor Milo!

we had that a couple times over the years where a bunch of Skeeled folks got together and exchange ideas and taught others the craft. that is always possible but it got to be honest i am about out of days with stuff i have to get done.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Adam, looking great buddy! The shooting accuracy (thanks to the peep :)) has to really be making you confident going into season.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Adam, looking great buddy! The shooting accuracy (thanks to the peep :)) has to really be making you confident going into season.

I am stoked to get the accuracy I have in such a short time and even more pumped up for the season to open so I can slay a deer with this beast of a bow lol.

Want to get out in my stand and run my new gear through the paces and see how it all does.

24 more days lol.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am stoked to get the accuracy I have in such a short time and even more pumped up for the season to open so I can slay a deer with this beast of a bow lol.

Want to get out in my stand and run my new gear through the paces and see how it all does.

24 more days lol.

Sounds like you're having a great time with that new rig, Adam.... as you should. Those are some very nice groups, man.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looking great Adam! Sounds like you and Dante are both dialed in pretty good.

Milo- Ever think of moving closer to NW Ohio so I can benefit from your services? lol