Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Decoy Touch Ups

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
These are from the weekend before last. Longdraw, me, and another partner in crime all got together for a long day of decoy painting and flocking. Not sure how many we painted but it was a lot!! And the flocking made a big difference on the unfinished heads that got done up. Did goose tails too, and they really pop out. Hopefully the birds will agree this season and we can start piling 'em up.

Pack a lunch... lots of pics...

You gotta prep before you can paint

Even my lil girl was helping out, not afraid to grab a brush and get to work.

Nash touching up some of the blue bills

Nothin' too drastic, but a fresh coat of paint can help bring some old blocks back to life

Some of the old Herters geese to under go treatment

Herters heads before and after flocking

A "Before" picture of some gently used full bodies I picked up this summer

And the "After" picture, still need to flock the tail but you get the point

Drying out in the yard... we had a lot of cars slow down as they passed the house.

Thanks again Longdraw for staying and helping clean my mess up... that Nash guy leaving early is probably something we'll have to get used to... LOL

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang Sean, you spend money on decoys but can't afford to buy your daughter some shoe strings? Jeez! rotflmao

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I'm not into duck/goose hunting (yet) but I gotta say those are some pretty cool pictures!
Especially like how you put the kids to work, sweatshop style...

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks Guys. The kids are used to the sweat shop labor around here... gotta earn their keep.

I'll get some pics of the Herters if I hunt any water this weekend. They turned out great compared to what they looked like.

We'll be doing this again next summer, so maybe we can have a TOO paint-a-thon. It goes quick if you've got a few guys working together... and of course some sweat shop labor