Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

huntn2 Spypoint IR6 Pics

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Here are some of my IR6 pics from one property. Had a 2nd IR6 on this property on a trail that didn't produce good pics. I need to switch that one over to video. I have my other 2 on out of state property that Alphamax and I hunt.

sp5.jpgsp11.jpgsp20.jpgsp6.jpgsp14.jpgsp1.jpgsp10.jpg

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Nice!! Couple good ones in there to chase this fall, especially that buck in pic #1 off to the right hand side.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Nice bucks man... I'm willing to bet if you put the cam on the tree that's straight across from it you'll get better pics... It's hell on cams in the shady woods when the sun gets in it's face in the evening.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like a couple darn nice deer fellas! Hope you get a chance at them. Good to see them in legal shooting hours!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Nice looking bucks. Hard to tell on my phone but does one have a messed up l/s main beam?

Yes he does. 5 on his right side but just 2 on the left that go straight up and hook in. He had the same issue with the left side last year.

Question for yall is would you take him if given the chance? You think it is an old injury, bad genetics? Would you let him walk for something that would "score" better?

Huckleberry Finn

Question for yall is would you take him if given the chance? You think it is an old injury, bad genetics? Would you let him walk for something that would "score" better?

After talking to you this summer about this buck multiple times, yes, I would. First, you and I have never taken a deer with our bow. Or bucks in Ohio. So there's two reasons. Another would be that you've got a history with this deer, which I think is a pretty cool thing and I'm jealous of you trail cam guys that build portfolios on these creatures before you shoot them (I'll get there someday). Finally, I think your dream of triple tagging deer or bucks in the OH/PA/NY triangle is pretty dang cool, but let's be honest with another in the oven, you might not get too many more years to feasibly do it. He's thrown that antler set two years now and it's not going to change.

I'd kill that deer! It'd be hard to pass on him in all of those circumstances, unless of course other situations allow for a different (bigger) buck.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Huck makes some pretty good points. Bottom line is- YOU are the only one that has to be happy with him.