Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Found a turtle

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I was weed whipping and found a turtle. It was like no turtle I've ever seen. After doing some research, it turns out that I found a Russian Tortoise. Some dumb-ass probably let it go in the park and it walked back to the creek and found my yard. Now I have to find a home for this critter. Hopefully the local Herp Society will call me back soon. :smiley_confused_vra

Buckmaster

Portage
I saw a lost tortoise notice on a telephone pole this past weekend here in NE Ohio. Must be the popular thing these days. Those tortoises can outlive their owners.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I saw a lost tortoise notice on a telephone pole this past weekend here in NE Ohio. Must be the popular thing these days. Those tortoises can outlive their owners.

How does one loose a tortoise for crying out loud lol. It's not like it sprinted off and the owner couldn't keep up with it lmao.

People amaze me sometimes.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I think some house them in outside pens. At least that's what I read. They eat weeds. The one I found eats dandelion and plantain greens like they're going out if style.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I think some house them in outside pens. At least that's what I read. They eat weeds. The one I found eats dandelion and plantain greens like they're going out if style.

I figured the owners was turning them out in chicken wire pens in the yard to eat greens. I still wouldn't just leave the thing out there for hours on end without checking on it lol. Gotta love people and their hairbrained ideas sometimes lol.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Here it is

Attachments

• HPIM2217.jpg
    HPIM2217.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 161

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Well shit.. If those things eat dandelions I need an army of them... I don't think i could grow dandelions better even if i was a dandelion farmer... I swear to god I see old fields with less dandelions than my yard. lol

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Well shit.. If those things eat dandelions I need an army of them... I don't think i could grow dandelions better even if i was a dandelion farmer... I swear to god I see old fields with less dandelions than my yard. lol

LMAO, that too funny. I'll give you this one.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Maybe it was Jonathan's turtle?

[video=youtube;CMNry4PE93Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited: