Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Geronimo up close and personal!!!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Well today at about 10:30 am I went in to hang my killing set and figured Id walk down the edge of a bean field with the wind in my face with corn on the other side of the fence row. Ive taken this route several times and never seen deer while walking in. I got about 20 yards from my truck and 40 yards from the road and heard a crash right next to me. I looked over and 10 yards away was Geronimo staring at me and took off running like hell once he saw me stop. He ran a good 400 yards thru the beans right past my stand back into where they "normally" bed. Def an unsettling feeling blowing out a deer that is a target... Thank god my stands in and the next time Ill be in there is to hunt!

swamp_donkey819

awesome, dont ya hate it when you walk the same path and never see anything then one day outta the blue there right there, happened to me last night goin to check my attractants, walked across this 300yrd hayfield, got right to the edge of the woods and happend to catch out of the corner of my eye the big buck i been watchin at my land and a doe they were maybe 25 yards from me just staring and watching me, i think honestly if i wouldnt have stopped they would have just went about there business, his rack is similar to the one in your avatar pic above, and he is big bodied which is why im not sure why he sat there for so long and never ran before i got close

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You'll be lucky if you ever see him again now...

I'd be on the opposite side of the fence on this one. But where I'm from, deer don't move 5 miles after being bumped once, especially when bumped from an area they don't normally bed. IMO, you'll be fine. He was some place he was probably uncomfortable with anyway, then went where he felt safe. In my mind, that's not a bad scenario...