Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finally, a decent buck on camera!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This has been a REALLY slow summer for me on the trail cameras. I've been getting thousands of doe and fawn pics, along with 1.5 yr old bucks, but the bigguns have been avoided me. Aside from a couple spring pics, I've had no mature bucks on camera all summer.

A check of the cameras yesterday yielded more of the same, with hundreds of doe and fawn pics. But, I did get one series of pics of this guy! I think he may need one more year, but he's going to be awfully hard to pass up.

This buck really reminds me of the buck I killed in 2008, which came out of this same drainage.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm pretty sure this is the same buck that I got pictures of earlier this summer. He has definitely put on quite a bit since then.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Dude has all kinds of little junk Jim. I couldn't see it well in the texts, but he looks good man. It would be interesting to see what he would look like next year, but it would be tough to pass on him.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks, guys. He is definitely a nice buck. I just don't know if I could let one rip at him early on. There were at least two bucks down at this property last fall that were 3.5 yrs old or older... A couple really nice ones... I just haven't been able to track them down yet this season. Honestly though, it's hard to pattern a deer when you've only got two cameras and you only visit the property once a month. Knowing those two beasts could be out there makes me awfully hesitant to deflate this guy... Especially when you consider what he could possibly turn into next year!