Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

T minus 6 days!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
ME ME ME ME ME ME.. I've never shot one of them.. But I'm going to take the kayak out and blast some....

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I need to do some scoutin'

I'd love to get a good dove field, but I haven't done squat for scoutin lately. Time to log some miles this weekend.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Ya don't want your first to be water swatted out of a yak do ya? The silence right before you call the shot pop the doors on the layout blinds is awesome.. the chaos that ensues after ya pop the doors is better.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
IBeen seeing em in a few fields here . Got permission for 4 of em but who knows where they will be come season.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sure why not. While I can see the immense fun that can be had shooting them out of a layout or shore blind.. I'm sure its still fun to jump shoot them in a kayak. I don't shoot squirrels only when they're running. Or turks only when called in to deeks. Ill ambush them and have just as much fun. Anyday day the gun goes boom and shit dies is a fun day....

But I would love nothing more than to see a flock circle and come in cupped up on the X. Has to be a hell of a time...

I took off Sept 1 - 7 to hunt early goose , teal and doves

My goose blind next to the marsh is ready
The layout blind is ready
The decoys have been ready for over a month

Problem is
Tonight the geese flew off thier roost after sunset

OH well , we will get them to move one way or another:smiley_devil::smiley_devil:

John

Derek j

Knox Co.
But I would love nothing more than to see a flock circle and come in cupped up on the X. Has to be a hell of a time...

We jumpshoot them early when the corn is still on. But to watch them big ol' boys and girls come to your call, circle, and then flip upside down and cup up to your calls and deeks.....it is a sight to behold!! I usually let the first group of the year light in the deeks just to soak it all in. To say I have a Passion for waterfowl is an understatement!