Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Truth cam 60 issue

Diablo54

Outside
I put new batteries in my tc60 and turned it on. It flashed on then flashed off. I thought it was a battery problem but after trying the batterys in a different cam they worked. So i took the SD card out and it powered up fine and stayed on. I have tried three different brands of SD cards in it and I got the same results with all 3. One card was a 2mb maxwell. The other a 8mb sanyo? And the last a 1mb moultrie Sd. Anyone else have this problem?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I put new batteries in my tc60 and turned it on. It flashed on then flashed off. I thought it was a battery problem but after trying the batterys in a different cam they worked. So i took the SD card out and it powered up fine and stayed on. I have tried three different brands of SD cards in it and I got the same results with all 3. One card was a 2mb maxwell. The other a 8mb sanyo? And the last a 1mb moultrie Sd. Anyone else have this problem?

Not saying this is what's causing it.. But save yourself some headache in the future and only buy SanDisk brand cards. Hope you get it figured out.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Yeah, what Joe said. I seem to remember reading on chasingame.com that these cameras were picky as to which SD cards they would use. I always to with Sandisk.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I don't get the issue with being picky about cards. Throw any kingston, pny, etc in a cheap digital and it works. I understand electronics but this has me baffled.

Beentown

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
My Primos 35's I used for the majority of the time Maxell 2GB SD cards. Never had an issue. I have NEVER formated a disc to a cam either. I just grab the card right out of the package and place it in the cam and turn it on. I have either been really lucky so far or something because I haven't had an issue with cards not recording images/videos or cams finding the cards or anything.

Not saying this is what's causing it.. But save yourself some headache in the future and only buy SanDisk brand cards. Hope you get it figured out.

Completely agree with the quality. My buddy was having issues all summer long with his cams (diff. brands) not storing pics. The SanDisk brand cards solved his problem and I have never had a problem with one of them!!

Just doesn't make sense if the SanDisk didn't work for you Diablo. Try re-formatting them?

Diablo54

Outside
I called primos last night. We went throgh re formatting a sandisk.card but got the same issue he said to send it in and they will replace it.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
I don't get the issue with being picky about cards. Throw any kingston, pny, etc in a cheap digital and it works. I understand electronics but this has me baffled.

Beentown

Could be a glitch in firmware.

old hunter

I have had 2 46 primos replaced lately for blacked out and white out pics. They replaced both very quickly.Primos service was great The new ones are fine. but I will only use sand disk cards also