Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ok I bought a Crossbow

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Ted, so glad to hear that. some valuable woods time will be very god for your soul.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
I bought a used Horton Hunter. Gad's that thing is LOUD! Any way to soften the crack it makes?? I shore does shoot hard though. Likes to knock my deer target over! :smiley_confused_vra

Milo

Tatonka guide.
not that i know of ted. hortons are kinda loud. Excalibers and ten points to me seem a little quieter but not that much.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Got to find me a cheap, er,I mean inexpensive ground blind now.

Talk to Hicks. I have one of the Barronett blinds he sells and they are nice. Not bad on the wallet either. Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a pop up unless you plan to leave it some place forever! You'd one hell of a time getting one folded back up. The hub styles are the only way to roll IMO...

BTW, I'm happy to hear you'll get some good quality woods time this year!!!

Dick's Sporting Goods has a nice blind on sale this week. Field & Stream Hunter for $79.99. Some stores will try to tell you the price is $119. If you run into that have them call any Dick's in the Akron area. The sale flyer in the Beacon Journal has them for $79.99. I helped a friend in the Cleveland area get one at this price on Monday.

My Horton SuperMag is noisy also, but at 20 yards or less they have never jumped it. You will do just fine at reasonable range.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Jesse is correct. I won't even carry one that isn't a hub style. I take that back. I think we carry one called a "Sniper Blind" which is $45-50 that could be the pop up style. I haven't opened one of them up yet to check them out. Those hub style blinds are really nice in regards to ease of setup and break down, and are pretty dang durable also.

Glad to hear you will be out there hunting Ted! You won't hear anything out of me about it. I look at you as a great example for a lot of us younger guys on the web. Sooner or later we all have to cross some bridges and face some hurdles in life. Good luck this season!

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
You could take the xbow to Apache to tune it up, COB:smiley_chinrub:
I crack myself up sometimes:smiley_crocodile:

Twelve million comedians out of work and you want to be funny! :smiley_crocodile: I just glad I got my back yard! :smiley_clap:rotflmao