Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Did you feel it.

Schu72

Streetsboro
There was a 5.8 magnitude quake at 1:51 pm. The epicenter was in Virginia. My building shook a bit. Did you feel it?

Last edited:

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
I felt it...did you?

It was kind of weird...I thought I was getting light headed, then I thought someone was behind me shaking my chair. It lasted about 7 seconds or so. Funky...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I know those boys in Southern had to. I could feel it on the 7th floor of the 33 story building here in Downtown Columbus. When i felt it I looked at my coffee cup and the Coffee was swaying with the building. Freaky.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was pitching a loaf at work and all of a sudden I start moving back and forth, all the while I can hear the drop ceiling and walls moving. I could hear people in the office hollering, so I wrapped it up and went outside. Everyone felt it TOO!!!

Rumor is there was an earthquake in Virginia south of DC and it was felt as far away as New York! It was crazy how obvious it was that we felt it!!! It took almost 5 minutes for it to hit our area from the time it ended in Virginia!!! I work in a two-story brick office building and it was obvious as hell!!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Sitting here at work and things started shaking. Thought for sure Teflon or Delrin blew up at first. Glad it was just the aftershock...

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I felt it here near Akron, sitting at my desk. The water in my cup kept moving after it stopped.

Yup..I'm on the 3rd floor of the FirstEnergy Bldg. and we was a rockin....I thought someone with heavy feet was walking by, then I didn't stop shaking...Crazy stuff!

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I felt it here at the Rig ( Washington County, PA ). I thought it was the Rough Necks rocking my trailer since that always happens about once a week!! :smiley_couch:

Buckmaster

Portage
I felt it here at work in Ravenna. I was sitting at my desk and felt a slight moving sensation. I thought I was light headed. I then heard the wall snap so figured it was a tremor. I looked at my clock and it said 2pm for documentation.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
I was asleep and felt nothing here in jackson co. Friends tell me they felt it in portsmouth, I was actually dreaming of a big ten point I had found that someone shot the first day...woke up at 215 and heard about the quake.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
At work in Mingo Junction (right on the river) I felt it. I was sitting at my desk getting stuff ready for tomorrow and felt a slight swaying. We have this 350lb lady that works right below me and I though she fell down the steps or something. I was thinking, "WTF is that????"
Crazy!

Someone said it was felt in London.... not sure if that's true.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I happened to be sitting at a intersection here in Mansfield. All of a sudden my van starts rocking back and forth like a heavy wind was blowing into the side of the van. Meanwhile I was listening to the Indians game on AM radio and the comentator started saying how the pressbox was shacking and moving around. At that point I knew it was a earthquake. My first experience feeling a earthquake, pretty crazy.