Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My Daughter's First Deer - Deer Mount Is Done!!

Last Fall I spent most of my archery season around home here in Michigan trying to get my (at the time) 11 year old daughter Jenna in front of her first deer while she was using her crossbow. After several close encounters and even a missed shot at a nice doe she had a chance to shoot a button buck that came in front of her. Her shot found it's mark and soon we were watching it do the drunken stagger to the edge of a bean field where it tipped over. I still remember her words "I did it!! I really did it!!".

The farmers' and my buddy Ed all decided to chip in and pay for her deer to be mounted. Quite the surprise for Jenna but one they felt was due since she put so much effort into getting her first.

Fast forward to last Friday, Jenna's 12th. birthday and her mount just happened to be done at the same time! Happy Birthday baby girl!!

Here is the picture frame I made her last week out of some old barn wood brought back from Ohio.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That is a great story and a heck of a first deer to hit the ground for your daughter. Sounds like she had her own little cheering section too :D.

I like the photo and frame you put with it. Very nice.

Congrats to your daughter on her first deer and to you for helping her along the road to the great outdoors

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Man I love it! Congrats to both of you. I'm taking my nine year old son out with me this year and maybe next year or the year after he can try out a crossbow.