Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official 2011 - 2012 TOO Deer Competition

huntn2

Hudson, OH
TOO Deer Competition Rules

General Rules:
  • A minimum of 50 posts are required to participate
  • Teams will be randomly drawn 9/12/2011
  • A hunter may submit a total of 3 deer in the contest but only 1 may be antlered
  • All deer harvested during legal seasons "In" and "Out-of-State" count but only 1 antlered deer may be entered and it is the 1st taken by date/time

Scoring Guidelines:
  • Does = 5 pts (spikes less than 3" are considered doe)
  • Bucks = 10 pts
    Tines = 1 pt per tine
    Age differentiator = Circumfrance of both bases + longest main beam + longest tine + inside spread (all measured to the nearest 1/4 of an inch)
  • Bonus potential - Can earn a maximum of 5 pts per contestant with one of the following two methods:
    Youth Bonus = 5 pts - taking a youth hunter (under 16) and photographing the hunt
    Trail Cam Bonus = 5 pts - harvesting a buck you have on camera

Picture Guidelines:
With each deer please post several pictures of your harvest. All submissions must include the following:
  • 1 picture of the hunter and the deer
  • 1 picture of each measurement (a total of 5 - both bases, longest main beam, longest tine and inside spread)
  • 1 picture must clearly show your tag

Buck Score Example:
A hunter shoots a 9 pt buck. The measurements are as follows:
  • Left base is 4.75"
  • Right base is 5.00"
  • Longest main beam is 21.00"
  • Longest tine is 10.50"
  • Inside spread is 19.25"

This buck is worth 79.5 points for the competition (10 pts for being a buck, 9 points for the 9 tines and 60.5 points for the 5 measurements).

Anyone interested in participating in the contest can sign-up in the attached thread:
http://www.theohiooutdoors.com/showthread.php?4136-2011-2012-Deer-Hunting-Contest

If you have already thrown your name in within this thread, no need to do so again, you are already accounted for.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'd like to start by thanking Ryan for the work he has already put in to this contest! :smiley_clap: We all wanted to make the TOO competition a little different than past contests we might have been involved in on other sites. Several great ideas and suggestions have been combined to create the format for this competition and I for one, am very excited for what will unfold on TOO in the coming months!!! Thanks again to Ryan and all those who helped us form the rules for this contest...

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Thanks Ryan for taking the bull by the horns on this contest. I am looking forward to having a great time with this and getting to know whoever my team mates are even better.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'll echo the rest of the gang, much appreciated Ryan! Hope you guys don't get me on your team, I am having some bad gut feelings about this season right now. Just not feeling the mojo like Jesse is with Moe right now. Then again, it only takes a minute to turn a terrible season into the best one ever!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Last time I was in one of these contests, I got stuck with Jackalope and I believe he and I were the only ones to contribute anything minus someone's youth bonus and maybe a doe. We got spanked. Not sure who I would want on my team this year? Maybe we should do a TOO fantasy league? Predict who is going to put ol' Mossy horns down this year!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Looking foward to the competition, thanks for doing the leg work Ryan. The points for the measurements is cool, really gonna make or break some buck pts this year.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Can't we just draw teams now...dang...

Thanks for putting this all together fellas!

x2 on the draw lmao.

I am getting a little jittery and shaky not to mention a little amped up here. This cooler weather isn't helping any at all. I don't know if I can wait until the 12th for teams it's bad enough having to wait until the 24th to shoot a deer or at least sit in my stand and watch the world wake up lmao.

HELP !!!!

:smiley_crocodile:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
x2 on the draw lmao.

I am getting a little jittery and shaky not to mention a little amped up here. This cooler weather isn't helping any at all. I don't know if I can wait until the 12th for teams it's bad enough having to wait until the 24th to shoot a deer or at least sit in my stand and watch the world wake up lmao.

HELP !!!!

:smiley_crocodile:

Nobody says you can't go sit in a stand before the 24th, just leave your bow at home! LOL