Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How big is this??

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Anyone wanna guess how big this icicle is??

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I let this one go and just as luck would have it, darn thing lost a ton of mass...

Little to no acorns last year I would guess. Give it plenty of minerals and I would skip the salt this year and make sure there is plenty of water nearby. I hope you get another chance at it this year and you can bag that sucker. That would make for some great times around a grill / fire come next summer.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
I was able to temporarily stun this beast with my charming good looks and get a photo with it of which I will post in the coming days, showing the ground shrinkage/growth....who knows which it will be!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I can't wait to see more pics and follow up. Maybe a little different angle so better help us score it ? I am hopeful with this years early rainfall that it put on some mass this year. Of course we have had a dry spell in the past couple months with only minimal rain. Maybe we will get some late rain that will push it over the top and make for better results.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Redcloud, this booner is a trickster, I stumbled upon to him on a nature preserve and I hope he will still be hiding there this year. It may take several months but I will find this guy, I swear its like he has ice water running through him. I just hope he isnt on the downward spiral.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
You know, the more I look at this the better it is. I lost count of the smaller points because my screen resolution isn't the best but I would venture to say it would score well in the OBBI system.
It must have been chilling to stumble upon this sucker in the wild and in it's natural habitat like that. You wont find many like that in the northern part of the state so your in a unique portion of the state to grow them. I hope you can cross paths with this guy again. GOOD LUCK out there and be careful. A charge from something like that could do some serious damage if you got too close.