Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hikers...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
The hikers that were caught just inside of the border of Iran were just sentenced to 8 years in prison. The were within a mile of the border when the were detained and beatin be Iranian soldiers. The border in the mountain passes have no markings of a border. They were prosecuted for espionage.

They claim they were hiking.

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah... That's where I want to go on a hiking trip.. You think the CIA could have given them a better cover.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I would REALLY like to see the details of the case. The passes between Iraq and Iran are a popular one for hikers but as an American I could think of better places.

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Popular for what hikers, Mujahideen rebels? Insurgents into Iraq to fight the coalition. lol.. Dude they're spooks.. Sucks that they got caught. But such is the risk of someone at the agency.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Either my Googlefu is lacking (good chance) or there just isn't anything out there on the evidence presented during the 4 hour trial.

Beentown

Milo

Tatonka guide.
sounds like we need to round us up some of their kind in our country and have a espionage trial ourselves.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Agreed milo. Fact is they want something. They'll let us know what it is .. Likely its what we did when we busted those Russian spies. Well swap captured spies and call it a day. They're bargaining chips to them they aren't just going to let them go.