Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fusion Vanes

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Anyone else shooting these vanes this year? I switched from Blazers and all I can say is holy chit these things are stupid quiet! The only noise I hear now is the smack of the target. Not to mention they are holding tighter groups for me.

The "H" on this target is about an inch big so everytime I hit the target it moves, but these thing are holding tight right from the get go..... Come on deer season!

Guarantee if that "H" walks by me in the treestand its dead!:pickle:

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I like the looks of them, and was anxious to try them out, but I am having trouble fletching them up with my Bitz jig due to the thin base. I need to take the belt sander to the end of my helical clamp so I can get the front of the vane to make 100% contact with the arrow. I don't have issues with the Blazers, but with the Fusion's base being paper thin, my clamp makes contact with the arrow at the end and I can't get good adhesion.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I like the looks of them, and was anxious to try them out, but I am having trouble fletching them up with my Bitz jig due to the thin base. I need to take the belt sander to the end of my helical clamp so I can get the front of the vane to make 100% contact with the arrow. I don't have issues with the Blazers, but with the Fusion's base being paper thin, my clamp makes contact with the arrow at the end and I can't get good adhesion.

Yep, that is why I am still shooting Blazers. Plus, they do the job.

Beentown

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
absolute awsome vanes,,if you fletch your own arrows you will love the design of the fusion,they have a larger area to put glue on which makes it easier and less mess

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
absolute awsome vanes,,if you fletch your own arrows you will love the design of the fusion,they have a larger area to put glue on which makes it easier and less mess

Yeah, but if you are like me, the clear base drives you nuts cause you can tell when you didn't get enough glue! LOL

Milo

Tatonka guide.
flutie, try this and see if it works...put the vane in the jig and leave a 1/8 or a 1/16th gap between the vane base and the clamp. put glue on and put the clamp in ass first and roll the top of top or leading edge front of the vane onto the shaft. practice first and see if that does not help your fletching issue. when you push the vane base down the clamp will slide over the vanes down to the base...by the time that happens you should have set the super glue up and it begins sticking. with these small ass vanes you have to do this so you know you get full contact. blazers were bad for this with the bitz.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Thanks for the tip Milo, I had thought about that one night while I was sitting st work, but then I forgot through the course of the night. Thanks for reminding me!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm not a fan. Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send you a shit ton of white and some red. I have some 3" ones if anyone else wants them. Just speak up...

I'm all about aesthetics and the Fusions look like shit on a white wrap IMO. I'll be a white wrap shooter for life, so it's back to the Blazers for a much cleaner finished look. I have no complaints about the Blazers either, so there was no real reason to change. I'm always up for trying new things, but in this case, I know what I like!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I don't suppose using gorilla glue would help in assuring you have complete coverage on the clear bases would it? I might have to give the gorilla glue a try this weekend.

rossbows

I bought a dozen arrows and the bow shop put blazer v anes on and they was coming off I was using a wb put shot nice. They redone the hole set with fusion vanes and they shot like shit. They would hit where I wanted them to but they dog tailed really bad. So I bought a different rest still the same so I went to the local sporting goods place and got the bone collector quick spin heat shrink vanes and did them my self. So easy to do and they don't come off. They are more accurate and fly great. They cost alot but I was done with that bow shop.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i
I don't suppose using gorilla glue would help in assuring you have complete coverage on the clear bases would it? I might have to give the gorilla glue a try this weekend.

if you are worried about the amount of glue you may want to stick to a gel. AAE makes a fast set super gel and i thing there is a common one that comes with with small brush that will let you wipe it on. I use bohning super glue or goat tuff. these things adhere much better than blazers in my opinion of course. it just seems like the leading edge has a better hold on these. if i need to do pics let me know.

Last edited:
I agree with milo this style base tends to stick better then blazer..I use Loc-tite Super Glue ultra control..Its a pretty fast set glue I would say my clamp time is 10sec sometimes 15sec tops..The vane is set but if there is/was any excess that made it out from under the vane base..Its not dry yet an you can still clean it up with a Q-tip or similar..That is what I love about this glue

Milo

Tatonka guide.
:smiley_bestfriends::smiley_boogie::eek:
I agree with milo this style base tends to stick better then blazer..I use Loc-tite Super Glue ultra control..Its a pretty fast set glue I would say my clamp time is 10sec sometimes 15sec tops..The vane is set but if there is/was any excess that made it out from under the vane base..Its not dry yet an you can still clean it up with a Q-tip or similar..That is what I love about this glue

Last edited: