Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Two viruses, both suck!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
The first is I have this damned Google Redirect Malware/Virus. Fuggin thing is kicking my ass. Have no idea how I got it but I did. Haven't had any issues in years with viruses and such due to being proactive. I might have to seek a professional to help me with the registry/log fixes. I can use Combofix but I can get into some issues using that so it is going to be my last course of action.

The most improtant is from where I was sick last week, my lymph node is swollen on my neck making me look strange. Now my daughter has it and poor thing got hives everywhere that itch and very hot too the touch. She is VERY itchy despite Benadryl and we were both sick to our stomachs...like food bourne illness sick. Wake her up this morning and her face is extremely swollen TOO the point her right eye is completely shut.

Need to lick both these viruses and move on... ugh!

Beentown

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Malwarebytes AntiMalware is a pretty good cleaner/scanner. Download the free version and run a Full Scan.

I recommend backing everything up before running it.

Another note, sometimes I have better luck if I run the scan while booted into "Safe Mode". Restart the PC, at the boot screen tap "F8" for Advanced Startup Options, then choose "Safe Mode with Networking".

We had one here at work that would only allow us to remove if in Safe Mode.

Sorry to hear about you and your daughters sickness, prayers for a speedy recovery for both!

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Thanks man. I already have and rn Malwalrebytes. It comes back with it. My system keeps blocking a trojan from a site trying to get in....ugh. The fight is on. ZLuckilly only thing affected is Google but I use Google for everything...

Beentown

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Charles... you should have used extra protection...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am sure you will figure out the computer bug. Wishing you and your daughter a speedy recovery!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Looks like I am almost out of the woods on both fronts! I have removed the "working" part of the virus. Something is still trying to go to another site but all of Google works as of last night.

My youngest is not so puffy anymore and the hives are almost all gone. I can see where parents with kids that have "special" needs may go to far with helping them. I found myself babying her (which isn't my form of parenting at all) with everything she did.

Thanks for the well wishes,

Beentown