Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boots

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Okay fellas, finally wore out muh lacrosse alpha burleys. wanted to see what you guys have put your hands on out there. just starting to look around so i appreciate if you have owned these boots and switched. these are my early season boots and i sweat like a whore in church so please let me know if they have improved them any. i see the price has gone up:smiley_blackeye:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Just to add some info to the thread...

I bought a pair of Dicks "Field and Stream" Scentlock, Gore-tex boots that had only 200 grams of insulation (I can use a light boot until the weather hits really cold temps) a season ago. Anyway, they already leak and are coming apart. Mine is the opposite. I don't recommend them.

Beentown

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Here are my thoughts. I absolutely love my Muck boots. I haven't had any dealing with their customer service, so no input from that front, but I love the boot quality.

I would say if you were sweating with the Alpha Burley's, You probably wouldn't want to go the "Woody Max" route, because they are pretty warm and I only wear them when it's really cold.

For Sept-Nov, The muck wetlands are a great boot. Light enough that you can walk and not sweat your feet off, but yet when it cools down in the evenings, you are freezing to death.

For just overall scouting/hanging cams, etc. I just use any non insulated boot and smoke them up.

Just my two cents, have had great luck with Muck's, will probably be brand loyal to them until I have a reason to change.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Okay fellas, finally wore out muh lacrosse alpha burleys. wanted to see what you guys have put your hands on out there. just starting to look around so i appreciate if you have owned these boots and switched. these are my early season boots and i sweat like a whore in church so please let me know if they have improved them any. i see the price has gone up:smiley_blackeye:

Damn.. I finally wore out mine also.. Coon hunting put a hurting on them. But they lasted 4 deer seasons and one coon hunting year before leaking... I think i got my moneys worth.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Here are my thoughts. I absolutely love my Muck boots. I haven't had any dealing with their customer service, so no input from that front, but I love the boot quality.

I would say if you were sweating with the Alpha Burley's, You probably wouldn't want to go the "Woody Max" route, because they are pretty warm and I only wear them when it's really cold.

For Sept-Nov, The muck wetlands are a great boot. Light enough that you can walk and not sweat your feet off, but yet when it cools down in the evenings, you are freezing to death.

For just overall scouting/hanging cams, etc. I just use any non insulated boot and smoke them up.

Just my two cents, have had great luck with Muck's, will probably be brand loyal to them until I have a reason to change.

Same here, Muck is all I wear and have worn for the past 4 seasons. They are the best boot going right now IMO.....and I have a brand new pair of Rocky boots just sitting around.

Muck boots are very lightweight, ultra comfortable, you can slip them on and off in a couple of seconds, there are no laces or buckles to deal with, they are waterproof and breathable, and did I mention how good they feel on your feet?
They last many miles and are warm enough to wear in the snow.

They are some damn fine boots is what I'm trying to say!

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am going to HAVE to replace my Muck Wetland boots prior to season as well. I wear them scouting, hunting, shed hunting, coyote hunting. Hate to guess how many miles on them. Interior is finally starting to let go, but still dry feet! 3 years with lots of use is nice. I do switch when it get very cold, but honestly think my feet are colder in the cheapy boots with 1200gr thinsulate. I think the sweat issue in my insulated ones causes the issues. Another pair of Muck Wetlands on my list.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
flute, check out teh lacrosse mule...they are like 36 bucks on amazon. they are discontinued though but at that price it might be okay.

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
I use irish setter's exo-flex boots. They fit pretty well and I don't have to worry about sticks puncturing the rubber.

Plus, maybe it was me, but the traction on the mucks were horrible. I never slipped and slide so much in my life.