Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Camera Error

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Don't want to hijack Rutin's thread so I will start this one.

J, you had asked, "...why the error?" I have no idea.

It is a CuddeBack no flash that I have run for a few years now. I am using a scandisk 2gb card. When I openned the camera up to check batteries/change cards out, it read "Error, card full". Was excited yet skeptical cause the area was tore up but I have never gotten enough pics to fill the card and I clear them each time I chec them. Therefore I feared some fugg up.

So I get home, and check the card. First 10 pics were fine and the 11th displays a black background with "Invalid Image" in red lettering. Anyone have any thoughts? I had the camera out for 3 weeks so needless to say I was pissed.

Had a Primos Truth Cam 35 out with a new sd card in it and when I plugged that one in the computer didn't recognize the format...I got a whopping 10 pics in 3 weeks. Not happy about that.

New batteries and a different card is in the Cuddeback. New batteries and different card in the primos truth cam 35 and the new SpyPoints were put out yesterday. I hope for some better luck next time out.

It wasn't a complete loss cause my BIL Alphamax10 had a camera out on the property and got pictures.

As for the day. Hung 3 sets and put out 2 feeders.

So. Ohio Outfitters

If you put it out again and get another error you might as well send it back because the camera is a dud.....mine did the same thing and it ended up being a dud, never did work after that.....i tried different cards, etc

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Thanks for the insight Dave. I will try and get back out there Friday so I don't lose that much time again if I get the same error.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I hope you didn't put a 4g card in the cuddy. 1 and 2g cards only...And make sure the card formats to cam first before leaving it. Invest in a viewer or carry a sd card cam with you to view that it took pics first. This comes from past mistakes...lol

huntn2

Hudson, OH
JD, I made the 4gb mistake when I first got the camera a couple years ago. This is a 2gb card that I have used for the last few seasons. I like the idea of the portable viewer. In this instance, it took 10 pics and then took a $hit...