Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Which way do you do it???An have you had much success using your method??

I came across this vid a year or two ago..I have always used mine the longer draw out way thinking that was the correct""doe in heat"" sound..Which he is saying in the vid is a Alarm sound...Which way do you do it???An how much success have you had with your method..Feel free to cite specific examples,stories an scenarios ...This is not a the video is wrong or right thread..Just a simple exchanging of methods,ideas,techniques an experience...

[video=youtube;FJMGYuEdVmM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJMGYuEdVmM[/video]

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
The only time I've ever done a bleat or estrous bleat was with the Primos Can calls. I just like it because of the consistency. Not saying they work wonders, but i'm a firm believer in the same tone of the can calls, and then just adjust a little bit with the top of my hand, or shorter turns of the can for variation.

I never did master doe/estrous/fawn bleats with a tube call, but i'm sure there are those out there that love it.

The only time I've ever done a bleat or estrous bleat was with the Primos Can calls. I just like it because of the consistency. Not saying they work wonders, but i'm a firm believer in the same tone of the can calls, and then just adjust a little bit with the top of my hand, or shorter turns of the can for variation.

I never did master doe/estrous/fawn bleats with a tube call, but i'm sure there are those out there that love it.
Do you find a longer or shorter bleat works best??

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I like the biggest can they make, just because of the louder sound, and the fact that i can always muffel it down some with a hand or glove, but you can only get so loud on the smaller cans.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Interesting... that video may explain why in 4 years using the can the only thing I've evr called in was a small 6 point, a young 8 point, and a coyote. That's not a very good success rate considering the amount of time I spend in the woods. I've always done the long drawn out call. And I've laways done just one call and put it away.
I guess I'll have to try the quick bleats and do a few in a row.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Which way do you do it??? And have you had much success using your method??

Usually whatever way she'll let me, Ive had great success but looks dont help either!

Ohh Sh*t Wrong topic.... Def few qucik bleats and a long one, 2-3x an hour at daybreak or midday

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have seen that video before. Worth the time to watch it. Look up his other videos as well. Interesting.

I have tried it different ways. I use my can call mostly when it is pre-rut to rut. Mix it up. Sometimes drawn out, sometimes a few short ones followed by a longer one. Usually used in combination with tending buck grunts. Try to make it sound like a doe is ready, but just not quite ready. Also try to make it sound like that buck is begging for it. Have I had success with it? Nope. lol

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Holy crap! No wonder the can has never worked for me - I been doing the long bleats (alarms) instead of short ones.
NUTS!:tantrum:

<sigh> at least I use the smoker right