Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

scheduled my vacation

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good shit, Dave! You picked a good stretch of dates to take vacation. I'll be off as well, from November 11th through the 20th. The whitetail rut in Ohio is something that I simply cannot miss! This year I'll be off a little bit later than usual, but with Veterans Day on the 11th it's like a free vacation day. Any time from Halloween to the middle of November is prime time, IMO.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Ive got the 6th thru the 16th off this year... gotta love sweet novemeber! Thank god for inversion tables after that stretch of hunitng bc my back is shot!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm torn between Oct. 28 - Nov. 6 or Nov. 4 - Nov. 13. I'll be out on Halloween no matter stretch I take off. Good thing is I don't have to schedule ahead. I can watch the weather and decide on the 27th if I have to...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nothing scheduled off for me yet. Pretty much work my tail off and it looks like the cards are aligning I will take off a day.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm torn between Oct. 28 - Nov. 6 or Nov. 4 - Nov. 13. I'll be out on Halloween no matter stretch I take off. Good thing is I don't have to schedule ahead. I can watch the weather and decide on the 27th if I have to...

At least you've got the flexibility to decide on that at the last minute. If I were you and had to pick right now, I'd go for the 4th through the 13th.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Not sure if I will be able TOO. We are going on a family vacation in Feb. and I have TOO make sure I have the days available. If I have any I will be using them for sure.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Jesse, enjoy hunting on Halloween now. When you have kids that day is out!
I haven't hunted on Halloween in 11 years (insert tears here).

I sitll get to hunt it...so long as I am hunting the morning!!! Reality is I was evaluating that weekend or the weekend before it for my first visit to Sandridge Outfitters. As you high-lighted in your experiences Mike, Halloween weekend was quickly shot down.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
I can't wait.. Getting married 15 Oct.. so i'm off that entire week then i head back to work for a week or so then off 26Oct TIL 9December.

Cant wait to be i the woods..

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Family vacation to Tennesee and a few other events have me down to only 2 days (maybe) I will be able to take this year. Tack on that onto a possible position change here at work and it's hard to tell when I will be able to hit the tree. Weekends for sure, but from a guy that has put 200+ hours in the stand each year for the last 3, it's probably not going to sit well with me.