Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Logo contest

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here is the deal people: our business website is coming together. We are in need of a logo. I am putting together a contest. Short time line, but a contest nonetheless.

Winner of the contest to win a Big Dog Beagle hang on tree stand! I would like to wrap up something by Monday but if this is not realistic just let me know. Keep in mind, this will go on our website, business cards and promotional materials. It will be our right to use this logo after it is chosen.

Judge of contest will be ME!

Good luck and Thank You!

Phil Hicks
Hank Tucker Outdoors

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Which business Phil? Property maintenance or stands?

This is for Hank Tucker Outdoors. If anyone wants to see the skeleton site ( I am really not trying to push it yet as it isn't done) www.hanktuckeroutdoors.com is where it is. Might give you some ideas. I am open to anything if I think it will stick out as unique or something people remember or just something that looks cool. I don't know. I am a dumb lawn mower jockey that pedals some tree stands on the side. What do I look like, some marketing executive? rotflmao

Picture of Hank, picture of deer down, picture of tree stand, picture of antlers or skull and antlers. . . open to any ideas.

Maybe try to make it look similar to logo for the lawn business? That was a thought. I dunno. Might be good idea, might want to set it apart? www.hickslawnservicesllc.com is that website with our logo if you want to check it out. Open to ideas guys. Any thoughts, throw them out there.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Few pieces of info to pass along.. Convert those images on the site to jpg or jpeg instead of bmp. And re-size them from full size. That will increase the load times of the images exponentially.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yeah, he asked me to do that but I have been chasing kids this evening. Need to get that done along with some other stuff yet tonight. Maybe my list of "friends" they can link too off our website (ahemm, TOO, cough cough, hint hint). By the way Joe, mind if I link TOO on my site?rotflmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Why did he ask you to size the images. That's his job.. lol

Fugg no.. We don't want to be associated with such a place. lmao

Sure.. I need one of them logo thangs though.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sure.. I need one of them logo thangs though.

Huh? Not sure what you are referring to. This is basically a link to websites. Not sure what "logo thangs" you need.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Phil,
I really like this line off of your website alot-
Here at Hank Tucker Outdoors our number one goal is to "Help you turn this year's season, into next year's story!"

Which inspired this thought-

-Hank Tucker Outdoors-
Our gear - building your legend

and a couple more

-Hank Tucker Outdoors_
Gear delivering uncommon results for the Common Man

Use gear from Hank Tucker,
you'll be a killin' _______er

Edit - SHIT! Those are slogans, not logos. Sorry dude. I'm a dumbass

Last edited:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Some good ones thus far guys, I got a "D" in art class because I couldn't draw a straight line with a ruler, so I think I will leave the artistic creativity to someone else! :smiley_crocodile:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I thought about this last night and this morning, and this is what I came up with Phil.

If you don't like Miller "Lite", we can go with Busch or Budweiser. Just let me know.

LMAO
I was never real creative with computer design, so I will leave this up to the pros.