Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Closest shop?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I need to do some work on the ole' Mathews. Anyone know where a GOOD archery shop kinda close to me is? I need TOO shoot paper, find a noise, and fix the very slight "kick" I have going.

I could take this thing out right now and shoot 40 yards and have a good group but my OCD is killing me. I miss having our local shop :(

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I'm interested TOO for any future issues I may have.

I can tell you where NOT to take it too lol.

The "Doucher" won't get my business. I may just have to drive to Newark. Good people but most seem to be happy with accurate enough. I had a problem (in my mind) once and took it in to see what they thought. Shot a group of 5 arrows almost all touching and they said "nah, your good to go". I tried to explain of what issues I know I had but I think they thought I was looney. I just need to buy my own equipment and be done with it.

The paper tuner is cake to make. The only thing that is going to cost me much is a press. For the price of a press I could buy alot of .223 lol

Beentown

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The "Doucher" won't get my business. I may just have to drive to Newark. Good people but most seem to be happy with accurate enough. I had a problem (in my mind) once and took it in to see what they thought. Shot a group of 5 arrows almost all touching and they said "nah, your good to go". I tried to explain of what issues I know I had but I think they thought I was looney. I just need to buy my own equipment and be done with it.

The paper tuner is cake to make. The only thing that is going to cost me much is a press. For the price of a press I could buy alot of .223 lol

Beentown

Milo has a press just up the road from you. Get with him.

The only other place that I know is a good one is Terminal Velocity archery down in Chillicothe

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Milo has a press just up the road from you. Get with him.

The only other place that I know is a good one is Terminal Velocity archery down in Chillicothe

I would feel like I am intruding. lol I am kinda strange like that. Hell, I am just a bit strange period.

;)

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I have a two portable presses and a stationary press at my house if needed beentown. I am hoping you will have a local shop soon:smiley_cigar:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
How far is Fisherman's Warehouse from you beener? That's down on the east side of Columbus I believe. They deal mathews bows.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
No. I wish the shop on 36 was still open. I had the run of that place and would just use there equipment. I bought enough there...

Thanks for the ideas guys. Might just give Milo a ring. I bet he is as OCD as I am about tuning.

Beentown

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
No. I wish the shop on 36 was still open. I had the run of that place and would just use there equipment. I bought enough there...

Thanks for the ideas guys. Might just give Milo a ring. I bet he is as OCD as I am about tuning.

Beentown

Umm, maybe a little more lol. Don't let him fool ya haha.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Well I have the waggle pretty much eliminated. Perfect (almost have a little, minute right tear from grip) paper tuning session at home.

This was at 43 yards no wind. That target wasn't stabilized so it was slowly going back while shooting. I will take the group...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1313628567921.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1313628567921.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 173

rossbows

Well I have the waggle pretty much eliminated. Perfect (almost have a little, minute right tear from grip) paper tuning session at home.

This was at 43 yards no wind. That target wasn't stabilized so it was slowly going back while shooting. I will take the group...
That's the best you can do lol just messing looks good

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
It was just a relief actually. Wasn't trying to be a braggart. The slight tail dance I had going was killing me. I guess the confidence boost of a 3" group @ 40+ consistently made me a bit of a school girl wanting to share....lol. I am sure most could out do that group at 40.

Beentown