Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

IR-6 Firmware update.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Just a heads up because i know we have something like 26 IR-6 cams out there.

SpyPoint has a firmware update on their site for it. V2.1. It was Released back in mid June so you may want to check and see if your has the update. To do so follow the below instruction.

1. Turn OFF the camera.
2. Hold down the «DOWN» button.
3. Turn ON the camera while holding down the «DOWN» button.
4. Check the numbers on the LCD screen. You should see for example: 2011……xxxx…… xxxx.......v021. The xxxx is the production ID, and the last 2 digits in v021 mean the version is 2.1.

If you need to update it's super easy and can be done in the field.. Just put the files on a SD card and take it with you and follow the instructions here.

http://spypoint.com/software/procedure_IR-6_en.pdf

You can download Firmware for all cameras here
http://spypoint.com/EN/technical-support/update.php

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for the heads-up, Joe! Are there reported issues with the IR6 that this firmware update is supposed to fix?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thanks for the heads-up, Joe! Are there reported issues with the IR6 that this firmware update is supposed to fix?

Improves power consumption while recording video.
Improves picture quality in twilight.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I did the update last week. Hope it fixes the grainy night pics.

On a side note, I got a few of the daytime grainy pics. Haven't been able to come to a conclusion what is causing it yet. I have my suspicions though.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I checked both cams today and they both read 021 on the screen.

Fluteman,

I have more of the grainy daytime pics and this is what I have come to think.
I believe the daylight is just enough to shut off the IR sensor but not enough to take a clear photo. By looking at the pics on the cam today it seemed to be in just a very small amount of time in the early mornings and evenings. Night pics are still fine on my cams though so you might have a little different issue then mine.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I checked both cams today and they both read 021 on the screen.

Fluteman,

I have more of the grainy daytime pics and this is what I have come to think.
I believe the daylight is just enough to shut off the IR sensor but not enough to take a clear photo. By looking at the pics on the cam today it seemed to be in just a very small amount of time in the early mornings and evenings. Night pics are still fine on my cams though so you might have a little different issue then mine.

See, I am having grainy day pics in the middle of the day. The canopy is heavy overhead, but the cams are picking up a lot of night from the field edge. It's hard to say really...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Do you think cameras on this new order will need done? It's prob a stupid question, but I thought maybe hey'd update ones that haven't left the warehouse yet.

I will be checking each one before they go out, so if they aren't i will do them.