Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Locking a SpyPoint cam with a Python Lock

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

I know J wanted to see how I lock my cams with the Cable lock. It changes per tree diameter but the most important part is to get it through the lock bracket on the back of the cam. Also get it around the cam so you can lock it closed.

Last edited:

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
That would be really easy to grab and twist until the polymer lock loop snapped on the case. . ;)

That is what I delt with two weeks ago, the bushnell hole is to small to run my pythons thru, so all they did was twist the camera until the back bracket broke off. Pisses me off still! Trying to buy more lock boxes now but I have had people come in and cut them out of the trees as well. I hate F'm thieves!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Rutin- Optics Planet is where I bought my boxes. Think they called them "Bear Safe" or "Bear Proof" boxes. $23-25/box is what I paid. Then I run the Python lock through the box and the camera. Even has an additional lock for the lid on the box. My Spypoints I only have the option of Python lock or pay thru the nose for the metal security box. I am simply putting them in less dangerous locations. There is also the option of carrying some Lone Wolf (or similar) climbing sticks and your safety harness in order to mount them high in the tree and pointing down on an angle.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Rutin- Optics Planet is where I bought my boxes. Think they called them "Bear Safe" or "Bear Proof" boxes. $23-25/box is what I paid. Then I run the Python lock through the box and the camera. Even has an additional lock for the lid on the box. My Spypoints I only have the option of Python lock or pay thru the nose for the metal security box. I am simply putting them in less dangerous locations. There is also the option of carrying some Lone Wolf (or similar) climbing sticks and your safety harness in order to mount them high in the tree and pointing down on an angle.

I wanna buy some of the tripod mounts for the Spypoints and set a cam or two up like this.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Once again, I bought mine on Optics Planet. I think I have two of them and have yet to deploy them Greg. Thinking they were around $15 at the time.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I took this as a demo pic for the leaves for a buddy, but the python goes thru the box and camera, then a single lock at the bottom of the lid. Yea optics planet and camlockbox.com is the best route. Ive been guying mine on ebay for $31.00 w/ free shipping. This is def the way to go....