Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sleep Schedules

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
After seeing some of you guys on at all hours of the night, just figured it would be interesting to see what kinds of sleep schedules you guys carry.

Do you try to get a certain amount a night? Do you aim for a certain time every night to at least lay down?

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
I usually try to go to bed between 10 and 11 P.M. and I'm up at 4:15 A.M . for work during the week, weekends it really depends on whats going on but I'm up by 7 no matter what time I went to bed.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
In bed between 9 and 10 during the work week up at 4:30 work at 5:40 with a 50 minute drive..... too bad I can't sleep past 6 on the weekends lol....

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I work 12hr shifts, either 6:30p-630a or 6:30a-6:30p. I work 7 days and 7 nights a month, so my sleep schedule is pretty jacked up. When I am working days, I am usually fine on 5hrs of sleep, but on nights, I try to get at least 7hrs. On days, I come home and relax a while, or work around the house, but when I work nights, I come home and go straight to bed. It's tough to get on a normal sleeping schedule working shift work, but I sure do get a lot of days off to deer hunt.

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Right now it just depends....10-12 bed time and up at 5 and woke up atleast 3 times through the night by the little one

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hit the sack between 1 and 2 then up at 6:30 So anywhere between 5.5 - 4.5 hours a night. Come hunting season though i'll be in bed by 10:30 up at 5 that way i can get off work early enough to climb in a stand in the evening.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I am usually down between 11-12i nd up between 5:30-6. Weekends are sleeping till 7am if I am lucky. It is a rare occasion to be able to sleep longer than that.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I work 12hr shifts, either 6:30p-630a or 6:30a-6:30p. I work 7 days and 7 nights a month, so my sleep schedule is pretty jacked up. When I am working days, I am usually fine on 5hrs of sleep, but on nights, I try to get at least 7hrs. On days, I come home and relax a while, or work around the house, but when I work nights, I come home and go straight to bed. It's tough to get on a normal sleeping schedule working shift work, but I sure do get a lot of days off to deer hunt.

Same as Greg but from 5:30 to 5:30. Ive been a chemical worker doing the twelve hour stuff for 23 years now and sleep is something you will catch up on when you DIE.

Huckleberry Finn

This summer, I've been sleeping from 1 until 730. So I guess that's 6.5

During the rest of the year, it's more like 230 or 3 to 8 at the beginning of the week. Not uncommon to get 5 or less hours of sleep. I normally try to get a 45 minute nap in from 5-6pm. Also I make it a priority to sleep in until noon on Saturday, if I'm working like now, Sunday. Does wonders for ya. The night of the BEC shoot I went to bed at 2 and got up...at 2. Feel bad about wasting a day, but I figure if I sleep that long, I needed it. Nothing like 65 hr weeks to make you sleep like a baby.

I will say that that schedule sucks when you go home and are used to going to bed at 3 and try to get up to hunt at 5...

My "best stretch" was 17 hours from Sunday morning to Friday night...never want to do that again.

Last edited:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
During the school year I'm usually in bed by 10 and up at 6:15.

During the summer I'll fade off around 1:00 and up around 8:30 or 9:00. Yeah, I'm like a kid in the summer. However, if I didn't have three kids to take care of in the summer I'd be up early to fish, golf, or maybe a second job.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I don't have a sleep schedule. I usually get about 5-6 hrs a night if I'm lucky. The other night I was in the chat room until 4:30 went to bed at 5 and was up at 7:30am

I can do with little sleep during the week but weekends I sleep in.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't really have a set sleep schedule, either. I try to get to bed between 10:30p and 11:30p... but usually it's closer to midnight. Except last night... I was pretty fuggin tired... In bed and passed out by 9:30p! I get up around 7 during the weekdays. When the weekends come around, I'll sleep until 9:30 or 10 if I don't have anything going on.