Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scent smoker...Is the extra stuff really needed?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Torch at Menards maybe $25. Bag a chips at Walmart $5 or so. I can't see you needing anything else. Ooops. . . bottle of propane whatever they run. There is all the more you will need to smoke up yourself and your gear. Not sure what their price is with the stuff, but here is all you need. I will let you decide.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
If you get just the smoker you will save on shipping. Get yourself a self igniting torch head that way you don't have to worry about carrying a lighter. Chips you can get anywhere from wally world to lowes. One can of propane should last you several seasons. The torch head is the largest investment but is well worth it IMO.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Every guy needs a MAP gas torch anyway... It is like owning a hammer. A must.

:)

Beentown

Yeah... 4 things every man should own..

1. Duct tape
2. Cut off grinder
3. Standard Hammer and BFH
4 Torch

Last edited:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I would honestly just go to a local hardware store or menards or what not and get the torch and chips, unless it is a decent drive for you.

I ordered the chips with mine just because I was pretty busy the week I ordered it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I use Cherry or apple. However i think i'm switching to oak this year.. The sweet smells turn sour after a week or so. Not a problem as far as the deer go. But it bugs me.. lol