Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Services Bushnell customer service

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will try to give a to the point summary for Bushnell Customer Service (if that is possible of me.)

In the last 3 years I have purchased 7 Trophy Cams. Last year I had some issues and sent 2 back to Bushnell. They were repaired in a 4-6wk period. In all fairness, this was in the heart of hunting season and I am sure they were very busy at the time.

One camera was stolen. Down to 6 cameras.

Over the winter I had a 2009 model start throwing random dates out there. Should have sent it in at that time but waited. Shame on me.

2 of the 2010 models were giving me lots of white out pics and had a pink/purple tint to the pictures when viewed. Sometimes there was a random picture with heavy green images for a couple pics in a row but would then clean itself up.

1 of the 2010 models just plain and simply quit working.

I called and they directed me to their lab due to the number of cameras I had had issues with. The technician sent me a RTS at their cost given the multiple issues. I was on vacation last week. I sent them in the week before. I followed up today. The customer service rep was very helpful and quick. Wait on hold was lengthy, but once connected with him everything was smooth.

Results: 2009 model is being replaced with like model. 3 2010 models are being replaced with 2011 models. Should arrive in 7-10days. Overall, 4 cameras being replaced within a 3-4wk time period. In my opinion, it is not just the poor customer service which needs to be brought to people's attention. In this case, I feel their excellent customer service deserves to be acknowledged as well.

I am very satisfied with the results. They also offered repeated apologies for apparently having ran into a bad batch of cameras.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I had a good experience as well. My newest BTC model 119445 was giving me some white out pics. I tried to do the troubleshooting myself (following the insturctions on their website). As it turned out my camera was on the list for a software upgrade. I attempted the upgrade myself with no luck. I called customner support and spoke with a very friendly american, which was a great experience in itself, and we had the update complete in no time. Pleasant and informative, made small talk while update was processing. Apologized for the inconvenience. Going to hand this cam close to home for the next few days to make sure the problem is resolved and then this cam is going down to my mom's 17 acres. I'll keep you posted.

old hunter

I too was very impressed with bushnell service.I bought a pair of bushnell custom compact binos. 40 years ago (1970) for( $200.00) with a lifetime guarantee. Last spring one eyepiece fogged up I sent them in and they replaced them with a pair of busnell "Elite" binos ( $400.00 ) I paid the shipping of the old ones to them and that was all.Not too bad!! I want a a new range finder and it will be a Bushnell.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Today I called Bushnell again. Over the course of last season, we had 12 cameras running on 3-4 properties. As the Trophy Cams hit the dirt I pulled them and tossed them in a box. I have 5 to ship back. 2 have pink pictures. One flat out didn't work new. The other two? Honestly don't remember. They sent out a RTS via email which I should see in the next couple days. No questions asked other than requesting a receipt on the one 2009 model. That might be a toughy. It actually still works, but takes pink pictures. While it is frustrating pulling cameras to find they are not functioning properly, it is good to see Bushnell stand behind them.

While I had them on the phone, I asked about a 3-9x40 Legend scope I had had on a muzzle loader a few years ago. It frustrated me and I bought a Nikon BDC Omega scope to replace it. Well, figured I might as well send it in while I had customer service on the phone. I had terrible issues with it holding zero. Honestly, I am wondering if it is a scope issue of if it was operator error? I really don't know. Will be nice to find out though. No questions asked by them. Just send it in.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Customer service is nice. But so are working cams. Of the 67 spy point cameras we sold on TOO I know of 5 that had to go back. And I think I would know as SP requires a receipt that I need to provide for returns.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang, Phil... you have worse luck with those Trophy Cams than anyone I know. Mine's been awesome and I have few buddies who've had great success with them too.

old hunter

I also have had great service from Busnell. They replaced a pair of binoculars,over 30 years old ( had a lifetime warranty) with a brand new $400.00 pair of Bushnell Elite's which are awsome.