Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jackalope.. The international Diplomat..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

So I get this email from "john" in china... John is being soooo helpful in informing me someone is trying to register chinese domain namess for theohiooutdoors. Like we have .com / .net / .org etc they have like .com.cn / .cn / .co.cn etc... And i should act now to protect my name by buying them from him, Or someone might register them and mislead people to believe they are the real theohiooutdoors.. Scam is the names are like 100 bucks each...

Below is his email.. And my reply

Dear Manager,
(If you are not the person who is in charge of this, please forward this to your CEO,Thanks)
This email is from China domain name registration center, which mainly deal with the domain name registration and dispute internationally in China and Asia.
On August 1st 2011, We received Tianhua Ltd's application that they are registering the name " theohiooutdoors " as their Internet Keyword and " theohiooutdoors .cn "、" theohiooutdoors .com.cn " 、" theohiooutdoors .asia "domain names etc.., It is China and ASIA domain names. But after auditing we found the brand name been used by your company. As the domain name registrar in China, it is our duty to notice you, so I am sending you this Email to check. According to the principle in China, your company is the owner of the trademark, In our auditing time we can keep the domain names safe for you firstly, but our audit period is limited, if you object the third party application these domain names and need to protect the brand in china and Asia by yourself, please let the responsible officer contact us as soon as possible. Thank you!

Best Regards,
John
General Manager
Shanghai Office (Head Office)
3002, Nanhai Building, No. 854 Na

my reply...

Dear "John"

If the company would like to register a Chinese domain name and internationally unsupported Chinese "keyword" for a US based Ohio hunting site then let them. If they somehow believe they can make money off of it, please tell them about this bridge I have for sale and some ocean front property in Arizona for sale too.

They may wish to rethink their purchase though. My site is very anti Chinese government, very pro Christian religion, we speak highly of the dalai lama and think Taiwan is its own free state... I'm not sure they would want to be affiliated with such a website. What would happen if someone in china actually came to my site instead of theirs. Not only would it be blocked in China, it would never appear on biadu search engine, and the buyer would likely be abducted by the Chinese government never to be seen again.

Thanks "John" but no thanks..... But please don't forget to tell them about my bridge and Arizona ocean front property. Perfect for walking around with large cameras around their necks and pointing at things.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County

John is pissed off, we will be seeing this before it's over.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Anyone notice the name of the office he works at:John
General Manager
Shanghai Office (Head Office)
3002, Nanhai Building, No. 854 Na
How appropriate! Way TOO go Joe! Scammer numbers are increasing these days!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dear Manager,

The checking time will be over soon, we have not received your reply about the domain name and internet keyword since our last communication. You must know domain name takes open registration, this is international domain name registration principle. So the company has right to register them. As a domain name registrar, we have no right to refuse their application. We aslo suggest this company should change another name but they stick to this name so if your company want to prevent anybody from using these domains, the only way is to register these CN/ASIA domains and internet keyword. In our checking time, your company has first priority to register them. Could you tell us whether your company want to make this application to prevent anybody from using them or not?

Best Regards

John
I told you "John" if a Chinese company wants to register a domain name associated with freedom of religion, private citizen gun ownership rights, the dolla lama, free speech, and free Tibet. Then let them. Go right ahead. Baidu will blacklist it and you'll probably get a visit from Chinese MSS.

If you want to show up on that list, be my guest. Register away.