Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Alarms

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
For some reason, i cannot wake up to alarms, or alarm clocks, ever. Diablo knows becuase every time we try to go fishing he has to break in and wake me up. For example, the other night i sat an alarm clack and my cell phone right by my head when i went to sleep, both having alarms. I set the cell for 7, 7:10, and 7:15 on full volume, didnt budge. Then i hset the alarm clack for 7:20, and didnt wake up to the buzzing until 7:55. So it ws going off for about 35 minutes before i woke up. Whats going on here, and how can i find a way to wake up to an alarm? Any tips?

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Guess you'r deer stand will be open for morning hunts. lol

I have found an alarm that is completely different from the day-to-day sounds around me is enough. Then over time I guess I just condition my brain to wake me.
Out here on the drilling rigs there are pipes banging, bells,buzzers and whistles... but no roosters. I have ended up using the rooster on my Droid lol.
I know its kinda funny but its unique and does the job.... Bugs the wife when I'm home but o-well.
I would think there would be some sort of world class volume alarm clock out there...

A freind has the same problem

Besides the normal alarm
He hooked one of the 24 hr timers up as his 2 alarm
It turns on a old Boom Box set on max
It sort of blasts him out of bed

Now after a year or so
He tends to wake up a few min before the alarm / Boom Box goes off

I showed up early 1 day just as it went off
Scared the snot out of me and I was outside

John

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Get a feeder and set the timer to go off and attach something to the spinner to smack ya as it wirls around lol.

I did see the other day a divice you can attach to your alarm clock that goes under your pillow and shakes when the alarm goes off.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Thank guys, ive done some searching and ik they make the things to put on your wrist or under your pillow to wake you up, like RC meantioned. i think the idea john's friend had would be pretty potent. Wonder how to rig one up. Come deer season i can usually get up to an alarm, but i can't wake myself up if i dont have something to really look forward to the next day.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Had this problem for a long time when I was younger. When first married it almost scared me cause I knew I slept so soundly that someone could break in and I would never hear it. As a father and husband this was not good. Just kinda grown out of it over the years, not much of a problem any more. Now I usually wake up a few minutes before the alarm.

There is always joining the military, after a few days of boot camp you should have no problem waking up on command.

Matt

Norton, OH
Get yourself in a routine. A lot of people have toruble waking up if they are going to bed at different times or waking up at different times. If you sleep in, only sleep in for an hour, max two. Or just rig something up to your junk that yanks it enough to wake ya up!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Get yourself in a routine. A lot of people have toruble waking up if they are going to bed at different times or waking up at different times. If you sleep in, only sleep in for an hour, max two. Or just rig something up to your junk that yanks it enough to wake ya up!
Ya ive tried that, it's hard for me to get into a sleeping routine, during school i always do fine tho. But ya im not sure about that last idea tho lol. I dont wanna wake up that bad.

Huckleberry Finn

I am terrible it at this and can snooze for an hour if I let myself! Or just plain turn off my alarm and go back to sleep. I've been known to turn my alarm off in my sleep too.

I set 2 different alarms on my cell, 3 minutes apart. Also set an alarm clock within arms reach.

If I need to get up for something important, I often have a friend call me.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I am terrible it at this and can snooze for an hour if I let myself! Or just plain turn off my alarm and go back to sleep. I've been known to turn my alarm off in my sleep too.

I set 2 different alarms on my cell, 3 minutes apart. Also set an alarm clock within arms reach.

If I need to get up for something important, I often have a friend call me.

I've had 8 alarms at 2 minutes apart, and nothing haha.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Funny, in the military it wasn't a problem. In HS I would have been in trouble if my mother wasn't all over my butt. My wife hates it, but she pretty much is the alarm. I am a seriously heavy sleeper. Been known to have conversations with my wife in my sleep I do not recall. Fall asleep anywhere, truck, bathtub, floor, couch, recliner, computer chair, and every now and then in bed. My problem now is simply due to lack of sleep. Pretty much once I sit down at the end of the day I am out. I definitely do not leave any energy in my gas tank at the end of the day. I keep going until I simply cannot function anymore. After that, it is lights out like Tyson hit me.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I haven't slept to an alarm in God knows how long. Even during deer season if I know I have it set for 4:30 a.m. then somehow I'll be up at 4:20 staring at the alarm. I've forgotten what it feels like to "sleep in". I rarely sleep longer than 5 hours during the night. I will however nap like a Mofo at work or home if given the chance

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Just set your cellphone alarm to "vibrate" when the alarm goes off and make sure you stuff your phone down your boxer shorts when you go to bed, or lay the phone next to you in bed...trust me that will wake you up.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have an alarm clock that I have literally worn out the snooze button on.. The rest of the clock works perfect. But you have to hit snooze like 5 times for it to work now. Yeah.. I hit snooze like 5 times a morning really i hit it like 25 times a morning. lmao