Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Target Acquired

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If you remember, a couple weeks ago I posted some pics and said there were three nice bucks with potential, but I had a feeling there was one bigger.... well, when I checked my camera on Sunday, my suspicions were finally confirmed. I don't have many pictures of this deer yet, but I've reset the camera and set it to video mode in hopes of getting a better look at him. Judging by the spread and tine length, I think this buck is mid 140s. If you look closely, you can see that his right brow tine is forked at the base, which is pretty narly. He's got a heck of a body too, so I'm thinking he's probably at least 4.5 yrs old. What do you guys think about this buck?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Like I said on the other thread, get in there opening weekend and get 'er done! Lets have a race to see who can break their Elite in first.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very nice! I guess I can take back what I said in your apple post. Not all your deer look skinny and young. haha Best of luck!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great looking buck JBrown! I think you've summed him up pretty good. Definitely a shooter and goodluck in taking him down.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The difficult part will be getting a shot at him during daylight hours. I have a feeling early season is going to be tough since they aren't going very far from the bedding area, but when it gets cold my food plots should be prime. Luckily they'll have to travel about 5 or 600 yds to get from this refuge to my plots... should be plenty of spots in between to intercept.