Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Elite Hunter issues

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Went to the shop and had him fix my draw stop :smiley_chinrub: I guess I don't know that you can just grab any old draw stop off a cam hanging on the wall or one off a bow hanging in the showroom to replace a broken stop on an Elite. I guess I need schooled more then I though. Anyway, I get home with new stops installed and after 12 shots one of them is now cracked. I am by no means a hulk and pulling that string back fast and hard enough to be breaking these things that damn easy IMO. I will be calling Elite tomorrow.

Now with the release issue. I said " hey we need to get this changed out. I wanted the shootoff not the SX2 and gave him the rundown of what Kim had told me this afternoon. His story has changed to " I know stan makes a trio shootoff but my supplier doesn't carry them. That's why I told you we had to go with the SX2 " He never said anything about that Dante or myself can recall. Anyway, he took the release and said he would call Kim tomorrow and see if they can work something out and then he would call me and let me know. Still up in the air for now to see if he will make it right.

He will be at the shoot this weekend. I asked him tonight just to make sure lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Went to the shop and had him fix my draw stop :smiley_chinrub: I guess I don't know that you can just grab any old draw stop off a cam hanging on the wall or one off a bow hanging in the showroom to replace a broken stop on an Elite. I guess I need schooled more then I though. Anyway, I get home with new stops installed and after 12 shots one of them is now cracked. I am by no means a hulk and pulling that string back fast and hard enough to be breaking these things that damn easy IMO. I will be calling Elite tomorrow.

Now with the release issue. I said " hey we need to get this changed out. I wanted the shootoff not the SX2 and gave him the rundown of what Kim had told me this afternoon. His story has changed to " I know stan makes a trio shootoff but my supplier doesn't carry them. That's why I told you we had to go with the SX2 " He never said anything about that Dante or myself can recall. Anyway, he took the release and said he would call Kim tomorrow and see if they can work something out and then he would call me and let me know. Still up in the air for now to see if he will make it right.

He will be at the shoot this weekend. I asked him tonight just to make sure lol.

Common thing on some of the 2011 Elites I hear..Just post up on the Elite forum an they will take care of ya with the updated Stops..

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Common thing on some of the 2011 Elites I hear..Just post up on the Elite forum an they will take care of ya with the updated Stops..

Just out of curiosity, are the 2011 draw stops any different than the 2010 stops? How exactly do they crack? I mean, it's just an o-ring over an aluminum stud with some shrink tubing over top right?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just out of curiosity, are the 2011 draw stops any different than the 2010 stops? How exactly do they crack? I mean, it's just an o-ring over an aluminum stud with some shrink tubing over top right?

I will get a few pics of the new ones he installed and show you. The one I just had replaced was a stud with dual o-rings and shrink tubing and the o-ring plastic was broken as well as the shrink tube was a little chewed up. Doing the same to the one he just installed. Like I said, I will get some pics up in a few minutes.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will get a few pics of the new ones he installed and show you. The one I just had replaced was a stud with dual o-rings and shrink tubing and the o-ring plastic was broken as well as the shrink tube was a little chewed up. Doing the same to the one he just installed. Like I said, I will get some pics up in a few minutes.

That's just weird. Amazing that a simple little thing like a draw stop would be getting fugged up just by shooting the bow. Something doesn't seem right, man. You'd think a draw stop would be the LAST thing you'd ever have to replace on a bow. I hope you can get it straightened out because those little draw stops are pretty damn critical.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Only seems to tear the crap out of the top draw stop.

The bottom stop looks fine so far and the last one he changed looked fine as well so I'm not sure why he changed it out to begin with.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Kinda looks like the draw stop is contacting the end of the limb during the draw cycle. In the last pic. That could be the problem.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Kinda looks like the draw stop is contacting the end of the limb during the draw cycle. In the last pic. That could be the problem.

I was just looking at the limb tip and it does look like it has some wear right at the very tip. How the hell do you fix that ? Why would it do that anyway ?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I was just looking at the limb tip and it does look like it has some wear right at the very tip. How the hell do you fix that ? Why would it do that anyway ?

Maybe the diameter of the draw stop is slightly larger if it was less than a 1% failure rate there could have been a few make it through that didn't pass spec. Couple that with the nut and bolt working loose and you could have some serious issues. Blue loc-tite is your friend, use it!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Maybe the diameter of the draw stop is slightly larger if it was less than a 1% failure rate there could have been a few make it through that didn't pass spec. Couple that with the nut and bolt working loose and you could have some serious issues. Blue loc-tite is your friend, use it!

Looking at the link OMO posted it seems like mine are the older style that they are replacing. I sent for a new set but they won't be here for 2-3 weeks. I will grab some blue loc tite tomorrow :)

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
the shrinnk wrap on one of my draw stops is coming off as well. Its not effecting anything. I am still going to PM Pete and see if I can get a replacement one.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
the shrinnk wrap on one of my draw stops is coming off as well. Its not effecting anything. I am still going to PM Pete and see if I can get a replacement one.

I PM'ed him last night about the stop hitting the limb just to see if he had any ideas. He told me to call him or Jim when I get the chance.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I have a feeling it is hitting the limb because the PRO shop owner didn't put the bow on a draw board and just slapped the stops all the way at the end of the groove. He should have put it on the board and seen where to place those stops for clearance issues. He is coming across as a jerry riggin SOB if you ask me. I won't be dealing with him and his shop once he gets things ironed out and pays for his screw ups.