Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How to ruin a "hunting" dog...

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
That would be my dog, laying in my spot, sleeping on my pillow! Little fugger made a damn good companion, but he sure ain't no hunting dog!!! :D

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I know what you mean Jesse.. My dog always uses a pillow as a pillow.. Creeps me out actually. Dang Basset hound is the laziest SOB i've ever seen. LOL

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I try too keep him in water shape but he is a HOUSE dog. Can't keep him outta the water though...he is a little OCD about it.

Beentown

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Brutus (our boxer) is certainly no hunting dog, but has the best bark I have ever heard. If someone wants to break in after hearing his bark, then I know I will be squeezing the trigger on them. Hank (our German Short Haired Pointer) has a 10x30 kennel off the barn. He has a straw pillow. lol He loves the water too, and does a pretty good job of retrieving. I have worked with shed antlers, and recently started working scent trails. Hope he pans out as a good blood tracking dog. He has the nose for it, but it is too early to tell. I think when he follows the first blood trail to a deer and figures it out, the training will click for him a little more. Might need to start throwing some raw deer meat out in the kennel every so often to get him hungry for it since deer season is approaching! haha

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That would be my dog, laying in my spot, sleeping on my pillow! Little fugger made a damn good companion, but he sure ain't no hunting dog!!! :D

Glad to see mine isn't the only lazy non hunting dog that knows how to use a pillow.