Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I have a feeling its gonig to be a rough year!

Kaiser878

ohio
THis is the biggest deer I have on cam thus far..and he is no where near a shooter!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Don't feel bad Zach, I didn't see a shooter buck until two days before I shot mine last year on Nov. 8th, and some may have even given him a pass! They will come brother, they just may be testing your patience!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It's way TOO early to be getting all bound up buddy, so you just settle on down!!! :smiley_clap:

Big bucks have a habit of falling out of your ass come late October/early November. I have no doubts you'll shit out another wall worthy buck again this year!!! rotflmao

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
It's way TOO early to be getting all bound up buddy, so you just settle on down!!! :smiley_clap:

Big bucks have a habit of falling out of your ass come late October/early November. I have no doubts you'll shit out another wall worthy buck again this year!!! rotflmao

No doubt...

Kaiser878

ohio

I swear I get worked up earlier and earlier every year. I have only checked my cams two times.. So I really have no reason to be worked up. But the problem is I am not seeing any good bucks in the fields anywhere near where I hunt. SO I am stressing a little. They are getting smart to my game....Bastards...So lets just hope I start stumbling onto a couple or soemthing! It seems everyone else is getting great photos though

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I swear I get worked up earlier and earlier every year. I have only checked my cams two times.. So I really have no reason to be worked up. But the problem is I am not seeing any good bucks in the fields anywhere near where I hunt. SO I am stressing a little. They are getting smart to my game....Bastards...So lets just hope I start stumbling onto a couple or soemthing! It seems everyone else is getting great photos though

You didn't look at my trail cam thread did you lol. I would say my bucks so far are a little on the small side lol. The big bucks are there but just haven't come out to play yet. They didn't get that big by being stupid lol.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

How many road kill squirrels have you seen up your way?

I was gonna take you grouse hunting this year in exchange for some seat time... But i don't know now. I can stare at leaves in Vinton county..

J/K man.. They'll show up.. Give it some time.. That is unless you notice an abundance of dead squirrels... Then you're screwed.. Not my words that's straight from the horses mouth.

Also about the grouse. We can go any weekend you're free next season. No return favor required. :)

Last edited:

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Im right there with you brother.... its been a rough year & I dont think this HEAT is helping any.... I normally have several Im trying to pattern by Aug. 1st and this year Im not laying footage of anything yet..... Deer are moving LATE and like everyone said it is early.... I hope the light switch goes off and they start showing up again.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I haven't seen a shooter with my eyes yet, let alone a trail camera picture.....it's been a screwed up year from the start. Just be patient and let your experience work for you.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Im right there with you brother.... its been a rough year & I dont think this HEAT is helping any.... I normally have several Im trying to pattern by Aug. 1st and this year Im not laying footage of anything yet..... Deer are moving LATE and like everyone said it is early.... I hope the light switch goes off and they start showing up again.

You sure about that??? I thought I read somewhere that you was waiting on me to post some pics till you shared any of your big ones...