Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A few pics from last year.....

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
These are some pics of a small 1/4 acre (maybe less) food plot I have located in the middle of a small clear cut area. Last year we planted a mix of rye, oats and clover.

Clover that was frost seeded

Tilling it up

Broadcasting the larger oat and rye seed

Dragging the larger seed in

Turkeys in the fresh tilled soil only days later

Where there is smoke....

There is fire....

Last edited:

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
Heckuva buck right there Darron! Any other sign of him since last year? Hopefully he made it through!!

I look at him everyday as I walk into my office:pickle:

Had him under my stand on halloween evening but he did not stop chasing does enough for a shot. I killed him the next Saturday (11/6 @ 945am) as he chased a doe from the food plot above into our sanctuary. I set up between the above plot and our sanctuary (no hunt zone) about 150 yards off the plot.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hell yeah! What did that old boy score? The one brow hurt him, but that looks like a gross 150ish deer to me. And I love the drake pinnie!!!

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
Hell yeah! What did that old boy score? The one brow hurt him, but that looks like a gross 150ish deer to me. And I love the drake pinnie!!!

He is actually a 10, not an 8. One of his brow's got broken off about 2 weeks before I shot him (saw it on camera). To be honest I never had it scored. Buddy of mine did a quick score of it and he said right around 140", but it has never been officially scored.