Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

She's starting to give in!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I was out shooting my bow off my back deck. Its a 20 yard shot to the target.
My wife was sitting there doing her nails and she says, "let me try."
I tell her there's no way she can pull it on her own, but I'll help. I show her how the release works, the kisser button, the sites, etc...
I help her draw and hold and tell her to release when shes ready. She proceeds to put a gut shot on the deer. But hey! Not bad for a first shot.
So Kody gets his little practice bow out and she starts working on it. Of course, its small but it peaked her interest. She'd never kill anything, but its fun watching. Here's the pics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311208539.276658.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311208556.525880.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311208572.393968.jpg

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
There you go man, get her involved. It can be a lot of fun hunting with your wife, but sometimes it will make you want to pull out your hair. Biggest thing is patients with them.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Very cool. My wife would NEVER do that. I like it that way though to be honest. I spend enough time during the rest of the year listening to crabbing. If she went hunting with me and started. I might just leave her there. Hmmm, not a bad idea now that I think about it lol.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Gregg said it all TOO well. It has been a blessing and a lot of fun getting the wife into archery. I just hope she has recovered from her surgery in time to do some hunting this fall.

By the way Mike that is how my wife got started. Shot the boys bow once and next thing you know she was watching hunting videos with me saying I might like to do that. Best of luck buddy, better start saving now.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gregg said it all TOO well. It has been a blessing and a lot of fun getting the wife into archery. I just hope she has recovered from her surgery in time to do some hunting this fall.

By the way Mike that is how my wife got started. Shot the boys bow once and next thing you know she was watching hunting videos with me saying I might like to do that. Best of luck buddy, better start saving now.

She still swears she wouldn't kill one. Then I asked, "Not even a big buck?" She said, "Well... I don't know."

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
My wife said the same thing last season. "I will go but I don't know if I will be able to shoot one." First time out hooked her. Second time out she missed a doe. Third time out she saw bucks chasing does, heard grunting and saw 8 deer. After the second hunt she told me that she finally understood why I would go out in the mornings come back at 11:30 and be ready to go back out around 2:00. It won't take long and you'll have her out there.

The only thing to caution is. I haven't figured out how to take her and the boy at the same time yet. :smiley_chinrub:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My wife said the same thing last season. "I will go but I don't know if I will be able to shoot one." First time out hooked her. Second time out she missed a doe. Third time out she saw bucks chasing does, heard grunting and saw 8 deer. After the second hunt she told me that she finally understood why I would go out in the mornings come back at 11:30 and be ready to go back out around 2:00. It won't take long and you'll have her out there.

The only thing to caution is. I haven't figured out how to take her and the boy at the same time yet. :smiley_chinrub:

I've thought about that. I have one boy that is completely hooked on hunting. I have another that is kinda hooked.
I have a daughter that is too young to tell yet. I might have problems.

I'm not asking for any of you fuggers to volunteer to take my wife out to the woods.

I'm telling you, I'd be totally shocked if she ever said she wanted to go. And as some of you eluded to before, it's my time away. Maybe it should stay that way! Lol

But... It could make for some cool family stories.

Then again, if I could just get her interested enough to take a kid with her that would be cool.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Gotta love the pictures dude! And she was shooting a bow to boot!!! :smiley_crocodile:

I've taken plenty of shit for getting Tracie started in hunting. I don't see bowhunting being her thing because I refuse to give up the seat time! LOL!!! But she truly enjoys gun hunting and has developed a bit of a blood thirsty attitude! Killing is not an issue for her!!! That might now be a good thing for me though... :smiley_chinrub: