Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Let's see your sets!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I was able to get out today and get one of my scouting/gun season stands up. I use this just to watch the fields and it is good for gun season as it is on the tip of a sanctuary.

Let's see yours!

Beentown

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1310868287203.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1310868287203.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 150

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Then I got up in it turned around and there was a buck and doe in one corner.... good sign. Lol

Beentown

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1310868430167.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1310868430167.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 152

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I was able to get out today and get one of my scouting/gun season stands up. I use this just to watch the fields and it is good for gun season as it is on the tip of a sanctuary.

Let's see yours!

Beentown

Holy Crap Been... don't tell me thats poison Ivy growing up your tree is it?
I can't tell from the pict.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Nope grape vines. They have literally taken over the sanctuary woods. Even if it was, no big deal. I have a high tolerance for ivy.

Beentown

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
This is my favorite stand. It's the stand where I took my two does last season. It's going to get one more ladder section and stand levelers. I use my climber everywhere else.
HPIM2160.jpgHPIM2159.jpgHPIM2161.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sweet stuff right there fellas. I will be getting mine out and hung when and if it rains Tuesday or after this heat breaks. I don't want to be sweating like a SOB and leaving scent all over right where my stands are going to be lol. I don't think the smoker will help much lol.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I'm over 90% mobile. Right now I only have one permanent stand. Not sure when I'll be down there next.

Last edited:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Mine is sitting in my garage, Lonewolf Alpha and Lonewolf sticks. The other douche that hunts the property likes to hunt my stands without permission, so I'm going in mobile every time this year.

I may leave it in during the rut, but I'm going to force myself to hunt different spots depending on the sign.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Mine is sitting in my garage, Lonewolf Alpha and Lonewolf sticks. The other douche that hunts the property likes to hunt my stands without permission, so I'm going in mobile every time this year.

I may leave it in during the rut, but I'm going to force myself to hunt different spots depending on the sign.

If you have extra sticks and stands laying around, Don't hesitate to hang them and at the top use one LW stick before the stand. I'll keep him out of your sets and all you have to carry is 1 stick.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Definitely planning something to that affect. I would probably have two locations by October that I will hunt two hang-ons all the time. In the past I've used 9 tree steps, take the bottom 4 out and head out. The two ladder stand that I'm taking down soon are my main problem stands that he likes to sit in. I keep them up for my dad and brother, but since they don't hunt much, and that guy shot a nice 8 out of one of them last year, I will probably yank them.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here are a few of mine from a last year and the year before...

One of my all-time favorite stands, overlooking a 20+ acre hay field. I've killed many deer out of this tree... Unfortunately I had to give this one up, though.
P1010270.jpg

Overlooking an oat/rye plot last fall. This wasn't a very productive stand for me, even though I did take a woodchuck at 52 paces from this spot!
P1010686.jpg

Another one over a oat/rye plot. This one is nestled about 30' up in a stand of pines. You absolutely disappear when you climb into this one.
P1010737.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good idea for a thread Beener! I don't have any pics of my current sets, but I do have some older one. I'm looking at about 18 go to spots spread over four properties this year, so there are lots of pictures to be had once I start visiting them!!!

The view of this spot is very similar right now, with the exception of the food plot being in the creek bottom. This stand serves as my "easy in, easy out, quick hunt, observation" stand. It also make a great gun stand. Lots of deer dump into the bottom around this area and the food plot helps keep them occupied (plus provide ample shooting oppurtunities). Just a great view from a comfortable sit...

This is the view out of the blind in Paradise. Tracie is pointing to where the doe go to on opening day this past season. We almost closed the deal on that one! This is one of about five different looks from this blind, but you gotta love the plot view!!!

This is a badass tree right here. I doubt I spend much time in it this year considering the farm next to it is now leased, but it's technically on the farm I have permission to hunt by all of 3-4'. Greg and I had out little FUBAR on the 140" 10 a few years ago about 10' behind this tree. It's definitely one I'll visit again. This year, the field behind me is in corn...

This view will also change a little this year, but will be roughly the same. This stand will move about 20 yards to the left (as you face the plot) of where it is now. The stand move will allow me to better cover a trail skirting the edge of the ridge just east of the plot. I feel like after five years and five different stand sets right in this same area, I've picked the right tree...

The view here is also a little different as the stand as moved about 75 yards down the creek. This is my decoy set and the view from the new stand is a lot like this, but with a better chance of deer dropping off the hillside in the view of the decoy. I love this post and would have left it in this tree if we had not mowed the bottom. But with the bottom mowed, the deer tend to drop off the hillside in a different area and it made sense to move the stand. Plus the new location offers a better view from the binocs and this is an observation stand when the deke is left behind...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I like TOO see these. Completely different from what I hunt 80% of the time. Here is one over a new field that has 70% Supreme Brand Alfalfa, 15% Starfire Red Clover and 15% Tuukka Timothy. Doe killing field! There is a 40 acre crp field connecting.

Beentown

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Just hung a set tonight on a new property that I got about 2 months ago. Didn't get a chance to take any pictures as I had to hurry up and go back to work at 7 pm to fix someones A/C. I don't know what this property will hold this year but am very excited about the potential that this property has.