Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Agressive Nuisance Buck an another(Video)

Here is the story..My buddy Steve has participated in the Granville area controlled hunts since they started.An is on great terms with the local an ODNR..So they get a hold of him to take care of out of season problems an he gets some great spots to hunt during season in Granville..Talking to him the other day he tells me a game warden has asked him to take care of a buck that has been coming on a ladies porch an sometimes it wont let her out of the house...While I hate to see a nice buck have to be harvested out of season..At least i know it is an not with a rifle or etc..I figured i would post a video of the buck an another vid from the same cam..I aint sure which of the bucks it is.But both looks like nice ones to me..

Click to View

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Granville is an awesome area to have ground. Plenty of habitat, food, genetics and they are dumb like city deer ;)

Beentown

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I was in awe that a buck would be that aggressive toward a person on our turf..I guess she yelled an banged on the door an the buck just stomped an was shaking his head at her....Anyone of heard of such a thing?

Never heard of it before but I hope I have that same trouble at my tree stand this year!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I wish this was my back porch..... First a video camera.... Then a trap thrower, aluminum baseball bat, some zip ties and a pull cord... See where I'm going with this.... *PING* lmao

I got a few emails from My buddy steve about this nuisance buck

(Steve)Dude I just shot at the biggest buck of my life, I was face to face at him at 3 yards, he stood up and ran out from under the deck and ran 30 yrds. I was so shaking so bad I thought I chit my self. he was quartered away I settle my pin mid way back aimming for the opposite shoulder, I shot and shot right under him.
I have never, never ,never seen a buck this big, he is at least 200" no SHIT!
I am still shaking
going to haunt me for the rest of my life..lol

Me:::The porch buck??

(Steve)Yeah, I was on my way home from work and the lady called me and said he was under her deck, So I get home and grab my bow and drive 25 min to her house.
Along her house she has a pea gravel side walk going buck under her deck.
I take my shoes off and sneak to the corner of her house. I peak around the corner and see his rack, so I step back and come to full draw and move out away from the corner at full draw he stands up, he is at 3 yards face to face with me. He jumps out under the deck and trots to 30 yards, the whole time I am bleating at him to stop.
well he stops at 30 and settle my pin and shoot.
I hear a whack, looked like I shot high. I went a told the old lady I shot him and she was jumping up and down..lol I told her I wasnt sure of the hit, she invites me in giving him time. Finally I couldnt stand it so I go out in the woods looking for my arrow, I found it and there was no blood, clean as a whistle. So I start walking along the path he took, and I see him about 25 yards in this thick brush. he was with another big buck.
This was the biggest deer I have seen in my life, he was at least 200" no lie.
I am freaking shook up...lol

Me::HOLY SHIT!!!...Wonder if he will come back since he knows there is pressure?

Steve::I think he will, this woods is surrounded by houses and he is used to people, Hell I thought he was going to run me over.

Last edited:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
If this is a nuisance buck, any chance the lady will get tired of the cat and mouse game with the bow and have someone come out and shoot it with a rifle? I'm sure there a lot of dipshits out there that would love to shoot that buck with a gun and then put it on their wall and tell lies about it.

If this is a nuisance buck, any chance the lady will get tired of the cat and mouse game with the bow and have someone come out and shoot it with a rifle? I'm sure there a lot of dipshits out there that would love to shoot that buck with a gun and then put it on their wall and tell lies about it.

Well as of right now its a nuisance permit through ODNR bow only. Cause its within a city's limits i dont think they like the rifle idea to swell..Steve is the first one to get the call from the Gwarden when something like this comes up in his area...He stays loyal to them taking on avg of 11 deer for them a year..Not including his normal seasons bag limits for himself..All extra meat is donated..But the rack is for ODNR to keep..Unless the Gwarden happens to let him keep it.He developed this relationship by helping with the Granville urban hunts since they started them. He is a lucky SOB but a great guy who helps anyone with anything he can...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Oh that's pretty cool then, at least he doesn't have to worry about some idiot out there volunteering to do it just for the rack, since they keep it. That would be pretty cool of them though if they would let him keep it since he helps them out so much!