Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

American Idol try outs

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Man I am having a blast with my daughter here in Pittsburgh for American Idol try outs. Last night we cruzed the town went to the Hard Rock Cafe and she ended up singing there and the guy told us Vanessa can come back any time to Any Hard Rock Cafe in the country and sing. Dad was very proud.
So this morning we get up at 3:30 A.M. get to the tryouts at 4:45, ( freaking Pittsburgh makes no sense with these rivers and finding the stadium. ). We get there at there were over 1,000 people in front of us and by the time 8:00 a.m rolled around another 5,000 + behind us. We made it, got registered and now tryouts are Friday, if all goes well, back Saturday and Sunday. We are going to head out Thursday at midnight to try and get a good spot in line, becasue just becasue she is registered does not mean she can even try out. Wish us luck, will post some pictures later. She is crashed out and sleeping in the hotel room. :smiley_clap:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Good luck to Vanessa. We will be pulling for her.

Keep us posted and post up some pics of the campout and friutloops that are running around out there lmao.

Will be much better then our LARP'ers lol.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Been following this on FB for a few weeks Jeff, pretty exciting stuff! I can tell you are a proud poppa TOO! Best of luck to Vanessa. Hope it's an awesome time!!!

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Thanks Guys, got to say I am so proud and excited, here are a few.

Will post more later guys. She is crashed out and sleeping right now.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hot damn! That's awesome!!! Man, I hope she gets a crack at singing for them.
Hey RD, you look perfectly comfortable in that third pic... you know, the one where you are in front of "Pittsburgh". :smiley_coolpeace:

I've eaten at that Hard Rock a few times. Not the best food, but great atmosphere. It's one of the smaller Hard Rock's I've seen, but when a show is there it is up close and personal!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Way to go bud.

Be sure and take pictures of all the cute ones for us.

BTW it's supposed to rain Saturday... A man could make a mint selling umbrellas and ponchos. Hell. You could've made a mint selling water today.

Last edited:

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Thanks Guys. Big Bro, Chair shopping tomorrow. We stopped at one store and they did not have any.
Cotty, it's killing me here taking pictures of Vanessa with all this Pittsburgh stuff in the back ground, honestly every time I take a shot I think............"freaking Cotty is eathing this up", lol. We are having alot of fun. Had dinner at Max and Erma's this evening and then Vanessa had to have her phot taken in front of the Bumble Bea fron the TRANSFORMERS. God I thought we were going to get mugged!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good stuff RD!!! Looks like you guys are having a great time just living it up down there. Hope your girls gets that Golden Ticket to Hollywood! That would be sweet.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Joe, Dude I am telling ya there are so many freaking smoking hot chicks here, I am thinking of following the try out tour, lol. :pickle: