Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

you gotta be kidding me!?!?

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Our 5 month old will not go back to sleep....she has been up since 3:30 am and guess who else has?....I am installing some tough love and am making her lay in her crib instead of my bed and she is letting me know how much she dislikes it! She is so use to laying in our bed because some one else won't put her in her crib and just let's her snuggle up in bed with her....I am gonna have to install daddy law to get crap straightened out.

rossbows

I hear you there. I have twin boys. They are the same way. Still and they are 4. Didn't get much sleep at all the first 8 months. Hang in there it will get better.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Its not easy to let them cry it out in the crib bth it is necessary. Challenge will be convincing that "someone else" :)

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
My wife and I have an eight month old boy (Nolan)...

If he is fussy at bedtime, we give him and bath and mom puts calming lotion all over him before pajamas and laying him down...then we turn on a little dog named "Scout" that plays lullabys for 10 or 20 minutes, put the pacifier in his mouth and one in his hand...seems that holding on to something helps take the focus off the fact that he is alone in his room now...This is just what we found works for us.

good luck hope some of this helps

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
dude, that is a huge struggle in my house. my wife and I dont even sleep in the same bed anymore. I sleep with my son in our bed, and she sleeps with our daughter in her bed. Its tough to break that when only one of you is trying.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Lay the law down! We did it with all three. Let them cry it out. It will take a few nights, but in the end it is worth it.
They need to know that when they cry you won't come running in the room. It's tough to hear them screaming, but when they break it's a beautiful thing.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I remember those days and sleepless nights... Yes. Breaking them of the sleeping-in-bed thing is difficult if your both not on the same page BUT...
Trust me. 18 years from now it will seem like a flash. A moment. Believe me the first years are really the easiest.

I can remember w/ our first one. (I just had 1 younger brother and had absolutely no experience or exposure to baby's.) I had no clue... I was changing the diaper and my wife was giving me some grief because instead of powdering the baby, I was powdering the diper...seemed like it would be better coverage.lol Hell. None told me there was a certain way.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Lay the law down! We did it with all three. Let them cry it out. It will take a few nights, but in the end it is worth it.
They need to know that when they cry you won't come running in the room. It's tough to hear them screaming, but when they break it's a beautiful thing.

Cotty is right! It may take a few nights but it is worth it. Do it for yourself and your marriage. I have friends with an 8 and 5 year old in bed with them still... and he wonders way the marriage is cold.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Cotty is right! It may take a few nights but it is worth it. Do it for yourself and your marriage. I have friends with an 8 and 5 year old in bed with them still... and he wonders way the marriage is cold.

Absolutely! My older brother had a daughter that was in their bed until she was 12!!! I swore that would never happen. She is now 22 and they have an 8 year old. Does that tell you anything? I think they had to wait to have another kid because they didn't have enough room in bed for another. Lol

If you value your sex life then you will bite the bullet and suffer for a few nights of hearing that baby cry. It's hard, I know. I went through it 3 times, but as Beener said... it's worth it!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
One other thing, if the crying is driving you nuts, go somewhere where you can't hear it. Maybe it's downstairs in a rec room, or in a living room, or the garage! Do something to occupy yourself and get your mind off of it. Trust me, the baby will be fine.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
oh man...my daughter who is 5 nmind you, will scream bloody murder and wake her brother up if he is in his own bed. She will get out of bed and come stand in the doorway and cry. I got tired of yelling at her and telling her to go back to bed. It gets old, plus when I work two jobs and two out of the 5 nights I dont get home till 130, my wife lets them sleep with her.

its not easy thats for sure

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
oh man...my daughter who is 5 nmind you, will scream bloody murder and wake her brother up if he is in his own bed. She will get out of bed and come stand in the doorway and cry. I got tired of yelling at her and telling her to go back to bed. It gets old, plus when I work two jobs and two out of the 5 nights I dont get home till 130, my wife lets them sleep with her.

its not easy thats for sure

Yeah, that age, if they aren't conditioned already, is really tough. Now they are getting out of bed and running the house. I feel for ya!
My method is for the little ones who can't get out of a crib yet. Lol
Did you try having them sleep together? My daughter sleeps with Kody once in awhile if she's a little scared. Anywhere but my bed!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Yeah, that age, if they aren't conditioned already, is really tough. Now they are getting out of bed and running the house. I feel for ya!
My method is for the little ones who can't get out of a crib yet. Lol
Did you try having them sleep together? My daughter sleeps with Kody once in awhile if she's a little scared. Anywhere but my bed!

OH YEA!! she cant sleep unless mommy or daddy are with her. If i ever get to quit this 2nd job, things will be different. Right now I am only home 2 of the 5 days, so its alot on my wife. I cant blame her for not enforcing it, she has enough to deal with. She at least deserves to sleep LOL