Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

4 generations fishing

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Had a great morning out on a local spot that I hunt geese. Only this time I was fishing the pond on the property, and was with my Grandpa, Uncle, and son. We didn't realize it until we were grabbing lunch before parting ways, and the woman next to our table asked if we were all related. She overheard our conversations about the fish caught and the good times had out on the water this morning.

I wish I had pictures of the channel cat that my son caught, but they're on my Uncle's camera. I was too busy with the Flip video recorder and helping him land the fish. You know how it goes when you're having a good time fishing, but you don't want to leave. Well, Grandpa was getting tired and had a 3 hour ride home so he called "last cast." He & I were standing there BS'ing when my son started to reel in. Then the line started to run off his spool!!!! He set the hook and started fighting. About 5 minutes later he landed a really nice size channel cat, and the reaction was absolutely priceless!!! It has to go down as one of the best "last casts" I've ever seen.

Anyway, here are some other pics from this morning....

Great Grandpa helping coach his "lil fishin' buddy"

1st of 2 nice bass that my son caught....

4 Generations, all getting to fish together for the first time...

If I can figure out how to load the Flip video up I will. It's pretty funny to watch my son fight the fish, and then his reaction when we landed it. Something I'll never forget.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks Guys.

I think we're gonna go back out on Sunday morning, Grandpa, my son, and me. He's gonna ride down from NE Ohio with my Mom tomorrow for my nephew's birthday party, and spend the night. Grandpa & my son talked last night on the phone about having a fish fry on Sunday, so we'll see if we can't make that happen!!