Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sleepless nights...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Are about to happen more often than I would like! :smiley_blackeye:

I'm dragging ass today thanks to 3 whole hours of sleep. I was up watching episodes of Major League Bowhunter, Heartland Bowhunter, and Midwest Whitetail that were clogging up my DVR. (Can I just say that having the Sportsmens Channel in HD is badass!!!) I was fooling around on TOO and fletching arrows in the process, finally finishing up around midnight. I laid in bed for two hours taking mental inventory of my stands and what I need, where I needed them, and when I wanted to get them hung. Once I finally fell asleep, I woke up at 5 thanks to a call from Tracie's work and when I tried to go back to sleep, it was pointless. Thoughts were now on my bow and arrow set up; how to fix my ground blinds; where I should place those; and on and on and on! By 5:30 this morning, I was laying in bed watching some version of the Drury's on shitty standard def Outdoor Channel, while taking notes on stands and camera placements.

Addictions suck! :tantrum:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I don't dream about deer hunting that often but when I do it is a good one ;)

I do however find myself sitting up nights or laying in bed thinking about deer and hunting for hours and just can't fall asleep. Sucks big time.

By the time season gets here I will have spent more money in preparing for this season then I have in all the years past...SAD isn't it lmao.

I think there are a lot of people on this forum that have the same addiction and withdraws....Glad nobody has started a 12 step program for it yet or if they have I don't want to know about it lol.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I wish I could sleep...
I have to call the td on this well...
another hour and a half to go.