Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ready to kill whitetails

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've been saying I hit full hunt mode this weekend. Something in me clicked. It's always on my mind, but I turn the hunter off for a few months to fully unwind before hitting it hard again. Almost a spiritual thing to pretend you don't want anything to do with it, then amp it up like it's do or die. I'm so stoked for the coming season!!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'm always ready to kill a whitetail. That urge is multiplied by 1000 right now, because I feel I need to prove something to myself this year. I know I'm a good bowhunter, and I feel I can put myself on good deer, but it seems like every year, fate tells me otherwise. This year, I'm hunting balls to the walls from day one. My goal is to get Kate on her first deer with a bow, and get it on film. After that, I'm out to break a bad streak and prove to myself that you can change fate...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm always ready to kill a whitetail. That urge is multiplied by 1000 right now, because I feel I need to prove something to myself this year. I know I'm a good bowhunter, and I feel I can put myself on good deer, but it seems like every year, fate tells me otherwise. This year, I'm hunting balls to the walls from day one. My goal is to get Kate on her first deer with a bow, and get it on film. After that, I'm out to break a bad streak and prove to myself that you can change fate...

I know how bad you want this dude and know that I'm your biggest fan right now! It's been an honor to hunt with you over the past few years and I've learned a lot from you. I've said before that you are one of the best bowhunters I know, trophy wall be damned. It's your year brother. I have faith!!!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I dont think a single day goes by that Im not dreaming of sinking an arrow through a mature whitetails lungs! I honestly use everyday as a scouting and preparing session as if its the only thing I think about. Ive honestly been so addicted with hunting whitetails that is jepordized my marriage and Ive had to learn how to play the game right. Like Jesse said its always "there" but I have to pretend to turn it off at home. Im already running around laying velvet footage and preparing my next step towards killing a mature buck in OH, KY, & IN!!!!!

swamp_donkey819

i been ready since the last day of last season, hoping to get my first archery deer this year, bowhuntin is such a challenge, but since ive taken up bowhunting ive seen 3 times as many deer as i ever have during gun season dont know why i never took this up when i was younger

turkey_slayer67

ray ohio
iv killed tons of deer with a gun includeing my 148inch 8 point!!!!! but 3 with a bow only does tho so this year imma try an kill a decent buck with the ol bowtech

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Getting pretty pumped. I need to get two more stands hung and get the cameras out there. As soon as I start pulling pics I will be getting twitchy.

Beentown

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I have been thinking about deer non-stop. Ask Dante...I drag his butt out every weekend to walk and scout stuff out and see if we can find anything new and of importance :D. If he doesn't go I hit the fields and woods by myself. I just can't keep myself in the house during the weekends because I'm afraid I'm going to miss something and I don't even want to know how many miles I have racked up on my boots lol.

lung buster

hocking county
I'm always ready! But this year is different and I'm pumped to get my son on his first deer! I'm gonna take it easy on the does in "his" area. Actually I never killed one there last year in preparation for his first season. So yeh I'm getting pumped but its all about the boy from here on!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
After the 90 day mark every year I start getting the itch again. Looking forward to the opener!

Best of luck to those out trying to bag their first one with a bow, and to lung buster's son, we are rooting for you guys!!