Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Just wanted to share this..

hunterkid94

This is a video of a Ford GT running from the police. Now, Im a car guy and honestly get a small adrenaline rush from this video. My question is, is this stupid or dumb to you? Honestly, hes just having fun. No one was hurt, but it was dangerous. But these guys DO know what their doing. But watch and decide..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yd88whKZ28

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Stupid and 100% irresponsible in my mind. They might know what they are doing when it comes to driving, but they have no clue what all the other cars are doing or are going to do. Think about it you are driving down the interstate and go to switch lanes to pass a semi. You look in your mirrors and see that there is plenty of room to get over because the closest car to you in the lane that you are going into is 20 car lengths behind you. You would have no clue that that car is going twice the speed you are and would pull out to have a muscle car ram you straight up the butt and who knows what else.

I have had my days of fast cars and fun. By all rights I am lucky to be alive. But being a little older I see no reason to do this kind of stuff.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I outran more cops than I ever got tickets. I also am lucky to be alive after some of the runs. Looking back, it was reckless and possible a danger to others. Other times it was just him and me.
Eventually I grew out of it and started racing auto-cross (car). After that I moved to FL. and got on with the business of raising a family and sold the car... (which I now wish I had never done. A 1978TA is going for a chunk of money) Today the kids run if I pull out the cars photo album and a few trophies are packed away in a box in the basement. I don't know...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I've done some stupid things in my days when i was younger. My first car met it's fate after doing a belly slide in both ditches along a gravel road. Found out early I have a taste for speed. When I owned my modified 01 Z28 I put the hammer down quite a few times after passing ole smokey on the interstate. Had her up to 156 mph once in the delta of Ms.. Went from that to a 02 Harley Edition F-150 with the supercharged Triton V-8. Sucker could scream. Lost a good buddy after his 02 WS6 Trans Am hit a tree at 120+. Kind of took the coolness out of it after that..

A week ago a co-worker about my age was driving his Escalade and smacked the back of a semi at 95+.. He rolled it an unknown amount of times. He's currently in a coma. From the neck down he's fine not a single broken bone. . Unless you count his skull, he has major head and brain swelling. CT scan friday revealed little to no brain activity. Best case is they pull the plug. Worst case he's a vegetable.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I've seen too many car wrecks around the area that ended in serious injury or death because of reckless speeds... even when I was 16 I never got the kicks out of high speeds and racing like my buddies did. I was the one that would rather put the 4x4 in the mud or cruise the backroads and shoot groundhogs.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I've done some stupid things in my days when i was younger. My first car met it's fate after doing a belly slide in both ditches along a gravel road. Found out early I have a taste for speed. When I owned my modified 01 Z28 I put the hammer down quite a few times after passing ole smokey on the interstate. Had her up to 156 mph once in the delta of Ms.. Went from that to a 02 Harley Edition F-150 with the supercharged Triton V-8. Sucker could scream. Lost a good buddy after his 02 WS6 Trans Am hit a tree at 120+. Kind of took the coolness out of it after that..

A week ago a co-worker about my age was driving his Escalade and smacked the back of a semi at 95+.. He rolled it an unknown amount of times. He's currently in a coma. From the neck down he's fine not a single broken bone. . Unless you count his skull, he has major head and brain swelling. CT scan friday revealed little to no brain activity. Best case is they pull the plug. Worst case he's a vegetable.

Hate to hear that Joe, this stuff happens all too often.

Buckmaster

Portage
I've had my share of fun throughout the years.

1968 Camaro 350
1966 Chevy II Super Sport 327
1964 Falcon 289
1966 Chevelle 396

Now I drive a 1999 Honda Civic.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Dumb, but I have had many "go fast" cars and used them. I have to say the video is a fake. Not once did they show any kind of chase. You can't outrun a radio. On the interstate it is hard to elude anyone unlike backroads where you can get ahead and pull off into farm lanes, oil wells, under bridges, etc...

I was in my Cobra floating along at about 125 one night with my buddy in his 490bhp RX-7 in tow when we pass locals sitting/clocking at a cemetary. He lights us up and you could see us both shrug our shoulders and both cars asses dropped and we were off. We come to a split in the road, buddy goes State Route I go Country Road....and the cop follows me. Lights off, under the moon going up to 150 was a rush. When I finally hit a rise and fall in the land I pulled into a "well used" oil well and watched him fly by.

Ford Probe GT with a 70mm turbo. Going 140 on State Route 746 and I hit a horse....yes a horse. It was all black and escaped it's enclosure to stand in the middle of the road. I am lucky to be alive today... It is not worth it. If you have thhe speed bug in you there are plenty of ways to scratch that itch without being dumb like I was.

Beentown

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
sameway beener, I have done some stupid stuff going fast in my day.

172 from independance to canton on my GSXR750, racing a supra on route 8 with my girl(now wife) in the car. I still have a rpoblem with going fast and I fight it to this day. I have to put the cruise on 70 and hang. I cant affford anymore tickets. My driving record is a mile long. Nothing ever serious thank god, but I have defaintely come close more times that not when I was out racing, doing stupid stuff.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I have a 1999 Jeep cherokee, so even if i wanted to go fast, i couldnt. I've had it to almost a hundred, once, and regret it. It's just not worth screwing something up or gettin pulled over and losing my liscense. Plus, i have a 3 inch lift on it, and it gets around 13 mpg if that, so if i wanted to go fast all the time i'd being payin out the arse for gas. The only times i've ever raced was once against some ol beater dodge and lost (i was drivin my buddys toyota car) and once against some bmw lol. The fastest i've ever gone was 162 mph in a 2010 ford mustang gt, i tell ya that was a rush!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

The family just called his boss and said if anyone wanted to say their goodbyes tomorrow would be the time. Man.. One week he's standing outside my cube shooting the shit. The next i'm attending his funeral... Speed is fun. But it also comes with a hefty price.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I have had my days of being stupid and driving way to fast. I have also been a passenger in cars with people driving fast.

One of my buddies had a 1988 mustang and at the time back in 90' it was one of the fastest production cars the average guy could buy. I don't know to this day how he didn't kill himself or others with that car. Drove back from Atlanta with cruz set at 130 mph and we did pass a few cops however, They decided not to even catch up and pull us over. Made it home in 8 and a half hours.

I had a 78' Firebird that would haul some ass as well. The motor was a 400 small block, edelbrock manifold, and a holley 4 barrel hooked up to a 400 turbo transmission. The only other thing I wanted to add was a hurst sift package bit never got around to it. I was goofing around one day after playing golf with a couple of friends and decided I was going to pass them and beat them home. I got around them and was hitting the small S - curves when I heard something slapping the shiat out of my car. I slowed down from my 130+ speed and turned off onto a back road and got out. What I found scared the shiat out of me and from that day on I have NEVER done those kinds of speeds. I found that the tire had started to de-tread it's self. Just peeled the middle of my tread right off the tire and was holding on by about 10" of rubber. If that tire would have blown going through the S-curves...my butt wouldn't be here. I would have been wrapped around some trees and probably dead.

I have lost 6 friends from motor vehicle accidents over the years. One hit a tree head on late one night / early morning hours and was ejected through the windshield and smashed his head into the same tree his car hit. I thank my lucky stars I wasn't another.

Hear these stories and learn from them HK. They may save your life or someone you know.

i got my speed itch by racing four wheelers , not cars , and if we wanted a chase we would just drive our quads through johnsville or galion , and it wasnt long before we had a tail , not long after that we would loose them going across a field , it was fun till i grew up and started bitching at the kids doing the same thing i used to do and the money it cost to fix the stuff the tore up

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
any way you slice it, these guys are tools. Sure nobody got hurt... This time.

I was waiting for a deer to step out in front of them, That would have made "good t.v."

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I don't want to tell you how to live your life but I will tell you and I'm sure Hicks with tell you as well. Pulling dead people out of cars after an accident isn't fun nor is seeing their family at the scene or at the hospital when you get there.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I was cruising down Rt 22 with my wife and Kody (he was an infant at the time). A dude in a vette came FLYING by like I was standing still.
About 1 mile up the highway we caught up to him. He was upside down in the middle median. I was the first on the scene and I saw his last breath. He was all twisted up and unresponsive when I tried to keep him awake. I'll never forget it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Youngins, you'll learn or die trying.... Most of us have done stupid idiodic stuff in our youth luckily we're still around to reminisce about it.... We all know people/friends who didn't make it or didn't come out of it unscathed.... I've got some old friends who are not right in the head or in a wheel chair because they thought of themselves having 9 lives.... The guy's in the video will end up taking some innocent victim out with their joy riding, and they'll be regretting while in jail for a long time.....

Buckmaster said:
Now I drive a 1999 Honda Civic.
I used to have a '99 Civic LX, but upgraded to an '05 Civic EX. I set the cruise at the posted speed and let it roll. Do people pass me? Yep...all the time, but I've got more time than I do money, for fines. :smiley_blink:

I should've had several speeding tickets, but I got caught about 6 years ago by a Tennessee State Trooper and it cost me nearly $200. Not any more!

I had a sandrail that my Dad and I built, but I built the engine myself.
* It weighed 1250 lbs.
* Produced 165 h.p. from a 2180cc VW engine.
* 2 2-barreled carbs, bored/stroked, racing heads, etc.
* 14" of ground clearance.
* 15" tires on 15" rims.
* Full body harnesses.
I have no idea what the top end was on this machine. I had it up over 110 m.p.h., could smack the gas pedal and it would snap your head back on the headrest. :smiley_baby: Sand drags are 100 yards and this sandrail would run it in just over 6 seconds, from a dead start.

I miss this machine! :smiley_coolpeace:
I've out ran 4 law enforcement officers. When they'd come after me, I'd put it in the ditch, run down bare RxR tracks, jump guard rails, etc. Even so, I don't advocate outrunning the law. Felony evasion is a serious offense.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Last edited: