Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Musky fishing anyone?

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I was keeping the kids out of the wife's hair for a little bit yesterday and while we were playing at the playground I noticed the green truck driving back & forth. So, I coaxed the kids into leaving the swings to go throw rocks in the water (really I was just curious as to what was going on)

Anyway, we walked up to the area below the dam and saw the DNR guys had a boat & were shocking & netting muskies to be returned to the lake! Pretty cool stuff to watch and the kids got a kick out of it. Got to talk to some of the other guys (local musky fishermen) that were helping carry netted fish up the hill & into the waiting water tank in the back of the truck.

Cell phone pics really suck, but you get the point...

Shocking fish up in the corner, you can see all the splashes going on around the front of the boat...

Netting a nice musky to put back in the fishery above...

Almost back in the water tank, and ready to be transported...

This fish was an average size of the ones we saw yesterday morning. There were some absolute hawgs that they guys moved back into the lake. Kinda reminds me, one of the things on my summer "to do" list was to start musky fishing. Guess I better get moving on that one.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I always wondered why my Musky hole dried up after the spring rains... I figured they moved down stream with the flowing water.

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Alum Creek. When the winter thaw happens the come shooting out the spillway. I have caught the from 22" to 41"

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I have never fished for them but I have always heard there is some good ones just past the spill way at Clear Fork.