Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Potential?

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
How much more growth will he get? This is prolly the best Ive ever gotten this early.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That is a dandy right there. He appears to be pretty far along in the development of his rack. I would add a couple inches to the main beams and the tines, but for the most part, he looks done to me.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is a dandy right there. He appears to be pretty far along in the development of his rack. I would add a couple inches to the main beams and the tines, but for the most part, he looks done to me.

Yea, what Greg said. Brow tines are definitely done. A bit of tine lenth, beam length, mass and he's done. I kind of doubt he puts on more than 6" total, though. Either way you look at it, he appears to be a shooter to me! Good luck man.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Hes a dandy either way.... Def a respectable clean 10pt, I wouldnt worry too much more about size, start patterning him and figure him out for day one!

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Did you just put the cam out recent? Usually I give them another month to be growing but he looks like he almost developed into what he's gonna be???:smiley_chinrub:
I hope the ones I'm getting on cams aren't done yet...

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Did you just put the cam out recent? Usually I give them another month to be growing but he looks like he almost developed into what he's gonna be???:smiley_chinrub:

Exactly what I was thinking here.....I always say they keep growing until about the first of August, then stay in velvet until 2nd week of Sept. Hopefully this buck puts on some more tine length....I think he will grow a few more inches.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio

This camera has been there for a couple of weeks and a week ago I put the mineral block in front of it. I got a couple late season pics of two decent bucks in this same area.