Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Perspective shooters 2010-2011

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not much to say here. Pictures do the work. These are not really monsters, but they are top notch for our area. I am sure there are a few around bigger, but none I have seen on camera or on the hoof. Certainly haven't seen them on the properties I hunt either. Personally I am after the "wide 11". 2010 target buck0001.jpg

2010 target buck body view0001.jpg

I dunno. Can only do one at a time?

Last edited by a moderator:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
2010 target buck view 20001.jpg

Last pic of the "Wide 11". I have seen this one on the hoof 3 times this spring/summer. With his ears straight out he is 4-6" wider than each ear. Very wide for this area.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here is another one that is a nice 10pt. I am thinking 2011/2012? If he makes it this far he is going to be an absolute monster next year!IM000082.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
View attachment 40

Last pic of the "Wide 11". I have seen this one on the hoof 3 times this spring/summer. With his ears straight out he is 4-6" wider than each ear. Very wide for this area.

Holy cow man.. That's a nice one. I am horriable at scoring them from pics but how wide do you think he is 22 -23?

I made it 5 image attachments now. :)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
And yet another! Almost looks like he is starting to peel in the one picture, but maybe not?

IM000087.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks guys! Needless to say, those pictures have only been sent to a select few up until now. I hope I kill him dead as well. Much better than the small basket 6pt/forkhorn/and one spike I saw last year in my 141.5hrs on stand. I am feeling "pretty good" about the new farm. hehehe

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Joe- The general consensus on the "wide 11" is anywhere from upper 130's to mid 140's. What I don't think they are taking into consideration though is the size of this beast. I think he is a little bigger than this, but maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part. Jesse, Gern, and JDBoyd shot me those numbers, so I would have to say they are probably pretty darn close. Either way, darn nice deer in my opinion, and I guess that is all that matters in the end.

Ray

Thanks guys! Needless to say, those pictures have only been sent to a select few up until now. I hope I kill him dead as well. Much better than the small basket 6pt/forkhorn/and one spike I saw last year in my 141.5hrs on stand. I am feeling "pretty good" about the new farm. hehehe

I get that many hours in the first half of the season and swantucky laps me .... you aren't tryin. LOL!

\

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Jack- It would be much appreciated

I get that many hours in the first half of the season and swantucky laps me .... you aren't tryin. LOL!

Show off!:D Don't rub it in man. My boss is a major prick. I still have to go to work. Maybe if I was a better hunter i wouldn't have as many wasted hours in the woods, but what can I say? It IS time well wasted!

Ray

Jack- It would be much appreciated

Show off!:D Don't rub it in man. My boss is a major prick. I still have to go to work. Maybe if I was a better hunter i wouldn't have as many wasted hours in the woods, but what can I say? It IS time well wasted!

Just messin hickslawns ... just sayin. :)