Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good Deal?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Is this a good deal on a bow for my 11 year old?
Asking price is $150

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Seems like an ok price, since it's got all the accessories. That being said, I'd offer 100 and see what happens.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
is that a parker sidekick? if so, they are going for about $250 last I knew, that one looks like it comes with better accesories than the new package. I was looking at one for my daughter because it has a wide range of draw length and weight adjustments. she liked the bear apprentice better though. the parker was still a decent bow though.

badger

*Supporting Member*
Mike if you don't buy that one let me know.

I have a "Parker Buckshot" 18-28" draw, 30-40# limbs I'll sell ya cheap.

It has the factory sight and quiver, and nothing else. It would be no problem to get it setup they way he needs it.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
The thing I would make sure of is to get a bow that will hit the #40 mark. So that way once he has been shooting a while he can hunt with it, instead of having to go get a whole new setup.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just met the girl who has the bow. She uses it to shoot carp right now. She's actually on a show on the Pursuit Channel and she's taking to bow on a TV trip to the Illinois river to shoot carp.
I had a few beers last night and I can't remember the name of the show but the owner of the show is from southeast Ohio. She has hunted everything.
She said she would take $100 for it.

So, which bow are you guys recommending then?

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Yea Dave just joined the TOO, I take it that was Nicole Wade you meet? Depending on which model bow she has they both are good beginner bows. The Buckshot that Badger has is a great "go to grow" bow. The Buckshot has a deal where for $50 bucks you can swap out the limbs as your kid grows. It will shoot 20-30, 30-40, 40-50lb limbs, and has a wide range of draw lengths. I would buy the buckshot depending on how interested your kid is in bowhunting.