Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

OVI Checkpoints

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
They announce the locations and have lower level employees work the actual checkpoints. Then they send all available patrolmen to all the side roads and "alternative routes" around the OVI checkpoint spot to catch the actual drunks that are bypassing the checkpoint.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
They announce the locations and have lower level employees work the actual checkpoints. Then they send all available patrolmen to all the side roads and "alternative routes" around the OVI checkpoint spot to catch the actual drunks that are bypassing the checkpoint.

Drunks aren't very smart and will get busted one way or another but the others that want to avoid an inspection will just wait until it's over or get through the area before they start.

No insurance, car / truck not really road worthy, running drugs.....welll. Your in luck. We will be here at this time and be done at this time sooo please avoid us lmao.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
It's required by law to keep the check points Constitutional.

They are a crock imo. Only about 1% of the stops end in an arrest and all the officers involved are being paid overtime. 99% of those stopped are law abiding citizens that must show their papers and prove they haven't misbehaved before they are allowed to continue. :smiley_boos:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I propose passing a law making all roads closed to sober people after 2am.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Back in the early 80's when I was stationed in Arkansas they shout down I-40 in both directions for a safety inspection check point.... of course all the dui's where just a bonus too them.... they were hammered when someone took it too court..... the state discontinued that on interstates but continued the practice on local roads.....

Huckleberry Finn

Considering there are zero bars in Morrow County, I'd say that's injustly positioned to nail the good ole boys driving home from Marion.