Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Your favorite group / concert

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
So what was your favorite group or concert you went TOO growing up and what is favorite group now?

I was big in TOO:

Journey

REO Speed Wagon

Kiss

Ted Nugent

Queen

Meat Loaf

AC / DC

Aero Smith

Brian Adams

Van Halen

Just to name a few. Best concert? Queen had a hell of a light show. Aero Smith was great Live but I would say Brian Adams put on the best Live show ever.

Today I am in to Country Rock and Bowling for Soup.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
The best Concert I have ever been to was AC/DC........Awesome concert.

My first Concert was Cinderealla, Winger, and the Bullet Boys

I have been to a ton of concerts.....

I dont have a favorite group right now....i like Disciple, Pillar, Red, Kutless, Eli young Band, Eric church, Pat Green, Jamey johnson

I HATE RAP!! Unless its old school 90's hip hop...Thats when it was good

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Not sure if this was put in the guest lounge by accident but i moved it to the goof off lounge... I get an email to my blackberry for every new post and thread in the guest lounge. That's too many emails. LOL...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Have been to as many concerts as I would like:

Hank Jr.
Josh Turner
Sara Evans
Luke Bryan

The last 3 were together at one concert, but my favorite out of the two concerts was Hank Jr. hands down.

My wife went and seen Kenny Chesney, Billy Currington, and Uncle Kracker last night, she said that was a pretty good show.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My first concert was Guns N' Roses and Aerosmith in 1988. It was when Dude Looks Like a Lady and Sweet Child O' Mine were just released and becoming hits.

My favorite concert was Metallica and Guns N' Roses in 1992 at Three Rivers Stadium. I was in the 4th row and it was just phenomenal!!!

Off the top of my head, besides those mentioned already, here's who I've seen:
Damn Yankees
Tesla
Great White
Bad Company
Steve Miller
Motley Crue
Iron Maiden
Kiss
Ratt
L.A. Guns
Poison
Def Leppard
Skynyrd
Badlands (80's rock with Jake E. Lee on guitar)
Toby Keith
Kenny Chesney
Trace Adkins
Nickleback
Three days Grace
Buckcherry
.38 Special
Quiet Riot
Cheap trick

I'm sure I forgot a few.

Today I'm still into rock, but there's not much good rock out lately. My favorite newer rock band is probably Three Days Grace.

Country is as close to rock, southern rock anyway, as I can get. Right now Jason Aldean, Eric Church, Luke Bryan, and Jamey Johnson top my list. I'll be seeing Church and Aldean later this summer.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I have always liked Darius Rucker for some reason. I always listened to Pearl Jam, Silver Chair, Collective Souls, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Goo Goo Dolls. Foo Fighters, GnR, AC/DC, Ozzy

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well over the years I went too a few, lets see if I can remember that far back....

In Youngstown I saw the following: Babies, The Police, Eddie Money, Journey, Had tickets too Rick Derringer but didn't make it..... Michael Stanley..... Hall and Oates....
In Cleveland: Styx, Super Tramp,
Little Rock Ar. ZZ Top, REO Speed wagon, Rush, Triumph, Cheap Trick, Eddie Money (Don't Ask) lol.... Brian Adams, .38 Special, Lover Boy, There's more but I can't remeber I'll have too do some thinking lol.... Too be con't....

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Ive been to a few and Def Leppard light show in Charleston WVa was awesome, AC/DC as far as great music was great, and the best show was outdoor at Polaris the KISS farewell tour. Ive seen Bryan Adams and he was good but the Hooters opened for him and they were fabulous. Cinderella, Skid Row, Poision, Ted Nugent, ZZ Top, Jimmy Barnes, and Steve Earle. Todd Snider at Stewarts Opry House which was a great experience.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It's been awhile since I've been to a concert but have seen some great acts! Nazareth,REO,KISS,Van Halen,Scorpions,Metalica,Dokken,Warrant,Eddie Money,Foreigner,Survivor,Reba,Garth,Brooks and Dunn,Alan Jackson,Ronnie Milsap,Clint Black,Joe Diffe,Waylon,Willie,Hank Jr, Alabama,Allman Bros,Linda Evans,Little Texas and Wade Hayes. I know i missed about 10 more or so that were warmup bands that were good TOO!

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Sorry Joe, My bad.

World Series of Rock at the old Cleveland Stadium: Bob Seager, J. Giles, Def Lefpoard, and someone else, I think was Eddie Money, TOO stoned to remember, lol.

badger

*Supporting Member*
I still have ticket stubs for a few shows I attended. At one point I had a stub for over a hundred and then I lost a bunch.

So many good shows, it's hard to remember them all.

One show that sticks out was David Bowie. It was basically an acoustic gig with just him on stage with a big screen behind him. It was synced footage of himself on the screen as if the two were singing at each other, at least that's how I remember it.

Skipped school to see David Gilmour at the Agora. Roger Waters solo stuff was great to see live.

Floyd shows are hard to beat. I wish I would have been old enough to seen the Animals tour.

I could go on and on, but I can't leave Neil Young out. His shows always got you your monies worth.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Woah...
One of the best was AC/DC- , Journey,Cheap Trick, Queen, Pink Floyd (all several times each) Foreigner
, Meat Loaf, Michael Stanley, 38 Special, Toby Keith, Kansas, Styx, Boston,
Dang that was back on the late 70's man... (Except Toby) I know thats not even half the bands but ummm you know how it was back then... We partied.:pickle:

Last edited:

badger

*Supporting Member*
Here's a few I found from way back!