Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL 2 Primos 60's

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I am sending one of my Primos 60's back to Primos today to have them fix an issue. I am under the impression that I will receive a new, in package unit back from them instead of them fixing my current unit. If that happens, I will have another two cam deal for the taking. I'm not real sure on price, but I should be in the $300 range for two Primos 60's, with one being brand new and the other having less than 4 weeks run time on it. I'll keep everyone posted, but I thought I would throw it out there now in the event someone wanted to plan ahead for this deal. I'll sweeten the pot a little TOO if a fellow TOOzer wants the deal...

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I am curious on what the problem was?

Ants is my guess. It was running fine and so was the other one. I had the camera out for a week and came back to pull it, only to find it dead and loaded with ants. I've had ant infestation on cams before, but this was unreal. I've fooled around with it and have no clue what else it could be. Not a single issue to that point and nothing that points to anything other than the ants...

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I was curious. I am having issues with one of my 35s putting files on my SD card that I can't open up. Haven't had much time to work on it yet. Pretty disappointing to have a camera out for a good month and a half to find out you can't open your files to see pics. :smiley_blackeye:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was curious. I am having issues with one of my 35s putting files on my SD card that I can't open up. Haven't had much time to work on it yet. Pretty disappointing to have a camera out for a good month and a half to find out you can't open your files to see pics. :smiley_blackeye:

The Primos cams are SD sensitive and basically only function properly with Sandisk brand cards. I had the same issue with my Kingston cards and it stopped when I switched to Sandisk and formatted them. Not sure if that will help you or not...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
The Primos cams are SD sensitive and basically only function properly with Sandisk brand cards. I had the same issue with my Kingston cards and it stopped when I switched to Sandisk and formatted them. Not sure if that will help you or not...

That would be my guess is well. Cuddeback is the same way and recommends using Sandisk in theirs as well. They also told me not to take mine out of my camera and stick it into any other digital camera to view the pictures, they say sometimes that changes the formatting of the card which would lose all the data on the card.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That would be my guess is well. Cuddeback is the same way and recommends using Sandisk in theirs as well. They also told me not to take mine out of my camera and stick it into any other digital camera to view the pictures, they say sometimes that changes the formatting of the card which would lose all the data on the card.

Yes. IMHO, the best way to run cameras is to have two Sandisk cards for each camera and those cards only get used in those cameras. I keep a key wallet that has each key and both cards labeled with a # and that number corresponds to that numbered camera. After 8 years of running cameras, I've found that to be the best, most effective and efficient way to run multiple cameras...

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Yes. IMHO, the best way to run cameras is to have two Sandisk cards for each camera and those cards only get used in those cameras. I keep a key wallet that has each key and both cards labeled with a # and that number corresponds to that numbered camera. After 8 years of running cameras, I've found that to be the best, most effective and efficient way to run multiple cameras...

This is exactly how I am doing it. Using only Sandisk cards and two per camera. I am running 3 cameras, The one has only been out for about 2 weeks max. The other I have not had any problems with but the one I was looking most forward to is the one giving me problems. It is probably my mistake but I need to figure it out to see if I need to ship a camera back to Primos or not.

I format the cards each time with the camera not the computer. The last 2 cards I have pulled from the camera the computer wont even read the files. They come up as DAT files. After wanting to get into the camera thing for a couple years and finally getting some cameras this isn't the way I was envisioning my first summer of camera scouting.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Deal on!!!

I'll leave this here for a couple days so you all have first dibs on it before I list it on eBay...

I have a brand new in factory packaging Primos Truth Cam 60 ( alongside a Primos 60 that has less than 4 weeks run time on it and has not been in the woods since March. Each camera comes with mounting strap, SanDisk 2GB SD card, and one set of Energizer batteries. I'll ship to your door for $310.

The Primos TRUTH Cam 60 1.3MP/3.1MP/5.0MP/7.0MP Infrared Game Scouting Camera has an MSRP of 179.99.

High-resolution images/video deliver the detail to understand game behavior in your coverage area 60 infrared LED extend night range to 60' Adjustable resolution settings of 7.0, 5.0, 3.1, and 1.3 MP for daytime Simple to use 1.5-second trigger speed (0.3-second when camera is NOT in sleep mode) Captures photo and video External LCD window (displays photo count/battery life) Supports up to 8 GB SD Card Each photo displays: date, time, temperature, moon phases and photo/video Long-lasting battery life Runs on four D alkaline batteries Works with Primos TRUTH Cam Mount Reliable one-year manufacturer's warranty The Primos TRUTH Cam 60 1.3MP/3.1MP/5.0MP/7.0MP Infrared Game Scouting Camera's high-resolution images/video deliver the detail to understand game behavior in your coverage area. 60 infrared LED extend night range to 60'; adjustable resolution settings of 7.0, 5.0, 3.1, and 1.3 MP for daytime. Durable Matrix camo finish. Features for all TRUTH Cams include simple to use; 1.5-second trigger speed (0.3-second when camera is NOT in sleep mode) captures photo and video; external LCD window (displays photo count/battery life); supports up to 8 GB SD Card; each photo displays: date, time, temperature, moon phases and photo/video; long-lasting battery life; runs on four D alkaline batteries (not included); works with Primos TRUTH Cam Mount; and reliable one-year manufacturer's warranty. Manufacturer model #: 63030.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Somebody from TOO buy these damn things! LOL!!! TOO only special price of $250 TYD. I'm close to losing money on these cams. The aboslute cheapest you can find these is about $140 delivered. I paid more than that for them when I bought them. I got $15 in the cards and $8 in the batteries. That's almost $300, so I eat some depriciation and the shipping at $250, that's not leaving much meat on the bones. But I gotta unload these...

Status
Not open for further replies.